Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Being sick, would you rather have a runny nose or a stuffy stopped up one?

Zygen

67 users have voted

1. 1. Runny or stuffy nose?

• Runny
    • Stuffy

I wasn't aware that they were really separate? More like every bad cold I get ends up going from being stopped up to very runny in the end. I much prefer runny, because then I can breathe. Colds have gotten a lot worse for me in recent years, when my nose gets stopped up really bad it makes me gasp for air and I can't sleep. =/ Breathing through the mouth isn't good enough for me.

(edited)

I'd rather have a stuffed nose when in public and a running nose in private. But since I can't choose I always happen to get the runny nose when in school <.<

Edited by Lunatic Cake

A runny nose no hesitation there.
LET ME TELL YOU.

When I get sick, my nose gets stuffed up and I can't breathe at night, my throat ends up getting sore, and my lips chapped from snoring the entire night. JUST NO. 

• Brohoof 1

Ss unpleasant as nith are, i'd have to go with runny, because at least you know the infection is leaving your body--or trying to!

• 4 years later...

I’d rather have a stuffed up nose than a runny one. Past experience has taught me that trying to sleep with constant runs dripping out of your nose and getting all over everything, really sucks. :mlp_gag:

I’ll go with the stuffy nose I think. I don’t like it runny and having to blot my nose every two seconds. Not only is it annoying to have a steady stream of snot coursing down my face, but it’s also unsanitary, highly contagious and too much blotting irritates the skin. If my nose is all stuffed up at least I can breathe through my mouth. It seems the lesser of two evils.  

• 2 weeks later...

I'd rather have a runny nose than a blocked up one as I hate the feeling of not being able to breath through my nose even though having to constantly blow my nose with a runny one is annoying too.

Both aren't exactly ideal, though I'd prefer to have a runny nose over a stuffy one. I can tolerate the mess that comes with having a runny nose, however I can't tolerate not being able to breath through it.

• 4 months later...

I'd rather have a runny nose because having a stuffy and stopped up nose means that I would need to blow it to be able to breath through my nose clearly again. Also, not blowing my nose and leaving all that stuff up there could eventually lead to a sinus infection, and those aren't pleasant.

Stuffy, because then you don't have to look like a faucet in public. It's very annoying to have either but if I must. Being sick is one thing, but adding a nose problem to it just so annoying.

• Brohoof 2