Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How long did it take you to become a brony?

Invincible

Not too long. I saw some mlp avatars but i didnt really question it or think it was weird or anything until i saw a lot of them, it sparked my curiosity and i looked at this mlp fan group and on the wall they were talking about cupcakes, so i looked it up, read the whole thing and then the rest is history. No resistance, only about a week after seeing the pony avatars

Let's see here I found out about the fandom 2 and a half years ago at a break time in school and I watched the show an hour after school finished. After break time school lasted 4 hours add the one hour it took to start the first episode and that's 5 hours, I started calling myself a brony after the second episode 5 hours add 44 minuets= 5 hours and 44 minuets :)

About 2 or 3 episodes.. Just over an hour. It was one of those strangely intoxicating things that just happened quickly, considering the day before I could've cared less.

about 4 months. I didn't know what a brony was until Feburary 2014 while researching for a gender stereotyping toys paper and then in June I watched about 5 epsiodes on Netflix at my half-brother's house, and I got hooked. I watched every episode in the series on Dailymotion in about 2 weeks.

Edited by Dashie23

The fandom didn't start popping up for me till May of 2011, but that was in June of 2011 that I finally gave in and watched the first episode after asking my friend to link it for me. Took me about 10 episodes to convert myself and "join the herd". haha. 

To be fair, while I was just as excited and grateful to see this fandom at the time, I never considered myself a brony

The term, big fan of MLP, is what I stuck to, and still do to this day, not that I had any problems with it, I just don't like being labeled a specific category

Not sure when I actually first heard of the fandom, but the earliest I can recall seeing anything related to it was during the latter half of 2012, on a Skyrim forum. With that being said, maybe ~6-10+ months?

During that time, however, I hardly noticed anything pony related. It all kinda just happened at once, not long before I joined this forum. :fluttershy:

It took about a month or 2 for me.

first found out about MLP around thanksgiving '13 KNOWING NOTHING ABOUT IT OR THE FANDOM.

I watched the first 2 episodes online and was expecting just to laugh at its crappyness, but I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't half bad compared to whatever I saw of the old one as a kid in the 90's.

However, I didn't have any interest in watching further than episode 2 at first.

BUT.... WE ALL KNOW what happens once you search My Little Pony in YouTube.... :muffins: 

Stuff kept showing up so I finally clicked on some of the fan made videos a few weeks later-- and was all like   :catface: :catface: :catface: ????????

Then I eventually saw Children of the Night and was all like  :o:wau: !?!?!? What the hell is going on here- AND WHY!?!?!

This really got me confused/interested because I KNOW how much work it would take to make such a thing. I had to find out why someone would put so much effort in to something like that.

So with that I watched episode 3 (which is the point that I can say I liked the show) I initially got the impression that Celestia was going to "teach" (or troll :umad:;)) Twilight by giving her "friendship problems" to solve. I thought that was kind of a funny idea for a show.

So then I found out about all the other stuff about the show/how it started, and the fandom.

As of now it's almost been a year for me.

Edited by steve88

It took me several years to care to even watch it, in fact, I didn't even turn my head at it until I heard the remix of Help Twilight Win the Crown (Equestria Girls)/Endless Possibiliies by ArcanaAaron on Youtube, I heard that roughly in January of this year, and instantly fell in love, and looked up Equestria Girls, which ended up in me going to Youtube and searching the series out. I was hooked from then on.

Around October this year, I must have found some little video on Youtube- it may just have been a 3-second video of Fluttershy saying 'yay!' for all I can remember- and for whatever reason it got to the point where, for my birthday at the end of November, I was perfectly content getting FiM season 1 as a birthday present.

Dear Lord, I've been invaded.

Though to be honest, I'm not sure if I'd actually describe myself as a brony- my using it in my username was more because it didn't make sense in the ponyverse to call myself a boy (Edwardo_Boi is my usual name). That's mainly because I'm not that fond of labelling myself as anything, though :)

well........

how long does it take to watch 4 episodes

I was hooked on 3 eps!  Given Ima nerd and like my anime,  well

MLP made me like English cartoons again for once....

• Brohoof 1

I knew about the show and its corresponding fandom around 2012 but never gave it much thought in any positive or negative way

But but this past july a few people I follow on the internet kept putting the show in a positive light so I decided to check it out

Glad I did

& it took maybe two weeks after I first started watching to consider myself part of the herd :)

Edited by Sapphire Sentinel

An entire year after I discovered the show. In 2011, I seen fan videos and watched several clips from the show and was deeply fascinated by it for an entire year before actually watching the show. It is strange that is has been 3 years since I seen anything about FiM..

Let's see...... I knew about the fandom at first actually quite a while back when it first began... But honestly, it took me until around this time last year to actually even take a second glance at the show and all... So uhmmm... I guess it took me a few years... :catface:

I'm kinda wishing though that I had gotten more interested a lot earlier on though. But I still love MLP and this fandom regardless of how long it took me to actually consider becoming a brony. :squee:

I first watched it in July of 2011 after seeing isolated references to it on DeviantArt. I thought of the show as decent entertainment for when there was nothing else on. I started picking up on some compilation videos and the MLP Wiki to find out what exactly this show was all about in November of that year. From then on, I discovered full episodes which were then on YouTube and continued watching the show since then.

By January I had watched every single episode to that point and started watching new episodes.

Edited by North Wind