Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if, the show never existed. Would you be the same?

Dark Bun

I would probably be more likable because the majority of the people I know think MLP is for little girls, but I would probably have a way more violent mind than I do now (Season 5 finale spoilers ahead)

I even still have a pretty violent mind, when I was watching the finale for season 5, I was just thinking ''Why don't you just have Rainbow Dash do a sonic rainboom, kill Starlight Glimmer, go to the present, then all will be solved'' and then Hasbro is capable of solving everything with little to no violence.

I'm a reclusive gamer first and foremost and an animation fan who watches a wide range of cartoons and anime. MLP isn't even a tenth of a tenth of a tenth of my time. At best this place gives me a few mental exercises other sites don't because the users here actually like to talk philosophy sometimes.

I would be quite different. For starters, I would never have developed a romantic attachment  to anything not human, other than let's say a humanoid alien from Mass Effect like an Asari. But thanks to the show I've been indoctrinated and want to hug and kiss a pony from the show.

Curse you ponies, you made me a pervert! I used to be a normal person!

I also would probably would be a little more depressed. But then again, I would probably find some other interests.

I would be less of a outcast by some standard, I would still only like 'manly things'. Don't worry, I don't shout to the rooftops I'm a Brony.

Edited by Bendy
  • Brohoof 1

I've said this once and I will say it again 

I'am convinced that if I hadn't found MLP when i did I would either have commit suicide or be in jail

I found MLP during a very tough time in my life, coming off the heels of what was easily the most stressful and worst 9 months of school of my life and the downward spiral just continued with me not knowing what to do to stop it. I was constantly trolled on the internet by people who had blackmail on me who threatened to release it if I stopped being friends with them. I was getting into police trouble more often. Thoughts of suicide became more common even to the point of times when I would take a knife into my bedroom with me.

When I found MLP and liked it I kind of wanted to... I don't know, I guess... follow the example the show gave. It was MLP that gave me the confidence and the peace of mind that I needed to free my self from the proverbial chains that were pulling me down deeper into a grim looking future. MLP inspired me to just leave behind the people who were causing me grief and seek out new friends, ones that wouldn't treat me like dirt. I was inspired to be a more easygoing, lighthearted, and carefree person. I was inspired to take steps to not crash and burn anymore through high school and just work hard until I graduate and I (for the most part) succeeded. I'am a much different person today and MLP has changed my in more ways than most can think.   

I'am more thankful to the show than many are... cause it ultimately saved me from my greatest and most damaging enemy... Myself.

Well, MLP drastically changed my view on our own world. It has good results, but also bad results on me. For example and I'll be honest; I hated this world since childhood (it was rough) and now I hate it like 2% more, but the good thing is I probably would have end up in the iron hotel or commit a suicide if it wasn't for this. MLP taught me personally to just keep my mouth shut and get over it all.

Edited by ILikeNightmares

I'd be lying through my teeth if I said it didn't change me someway. I became more open minded and had more areas I feel I matured in. It hasn't changed my negativity though, it might have erased a little but a strong amount of depression and self loathing will always probably remain. I just put on a facade and lie to myself that I'm happy so I don't have to focus on it and waste so much time. A show like this, stitches moral lessons and values onto my heart. I'm grateful for being able to watch it.

• Brohoof 1

Looking back now, I wouldn't have learned inkscape or have been inspired enough to buy a graphics tablet to derp around on. Personality wise though, id probably still be the same me. Maybe slightly more cynical.

Edited by Celtore

If this show never existed than I would probably wouldn't have existed anymore. First of all, this show and especially the community around it helped me a lot of times I was going through some pretty tough stuff. Whenever I get depressed, I just go to this lovely forum and every single member gets a smile on my face.

Second, if mlp had never existed, I would have never started drawing again. I wouldn't have grown so much as an artist and really enjoyed drawing too. I would have never started drawing in general if it wasn't for this show.

Thirdly, this show has brought, besides drawing, so many new things in my life. Especially creative things. I discovered roleplaying. I started writing, fanfictions but also different stories. This show inspired me to sing, it made me less afraid to sing around other. It made me enjoying singing. It helped discover my talents and get better at things.

Fourth, this show is bringing people together. I love watching the show with my little sister and sing songs with her. This has brought me closer together. I also got closer with my brother, who introduced me to mlp in the first place. And I met all these lovely people who I am glad to call my friends. And I'm even going to a bronycon next year to meet with some of them!

Fifth, I met my one and only @JonasDarkmane on these forums :wub:

Sixth, I has made me grown as a person. I'm much less shy. I'm not afraid to be myself, to show my goofy side. I'm better at making friends. I'm more confident and more likely to stand up for myself.

If this show had never existed that I would have been a completely different person. This show has shown me no matter how cruel the world is, there is always this community with the most kindest people on the entire planet. It has shown me hope for a better future.

Edited by Pucksterv

I would be very different. Most members nowadays probably don't know me, but about two years or so back, I was a very avid poster. I spent almost all of my time on the forums, playing games and stuff. It's not so much about the show, but the people. When I joined the community, I was going through a very hard time in my life; I was being bullied and neglected, and was struggling with some eating issues. The people here were always kind and some of the most friendly people I've ever met. I keep coming back here in the worst and loneliest times of my life, and I feel less alone for a while. I know that I can rely on the show to give me hope, and the people to make that hope a reality. I think that's a byproduct of the show, too. The characters are happy and colourful, and I think that inspires us to be the same, and to remember the value of friendship.

• Brohoof 2

Goodness, no. Had I not been exposed to the show back in about 2012, who knows how differently I would have turned out? The show and the community around it have helped open up my mind to new ideas and made me realize a lot of the things I thought and believed then weren't really right at all. It's given me a whole bunch of new experiences, too. I wouldn't have met so many of the people that I now call my dearest friends, including the guy who became my boyfriend! (Heck, I wouldn't have even agreed to the idea of ever having a boyfriend, I know that for sure.)

So long story short, had the show never existed, I'm sure I would be drastically different. Not necessarily for the better, either.

• Brohoof 1

Of course, after all, the smallest change in the past can drastically change the future. The butterfly-effect definitely applies here.

If I had never watched this show, then I wouldn't have had my plushy, and then I would've slept differently, waking up in a slightly different position, which led me to have a slightly different morning routine, which eventually led me to be run over by a white unmarked van with "free candy" crudely painted on one side.

Boom, butterfly-effect.

(Hah, references.)

• Brohoof 1

The show really changed who I am today, with all those friendship lessons teaching me how to become a true true friend. If it didn't exist, I would probably have fewer friends. Also, if MLP didn't exist, I would be bored out of my mind, with no TV shows or anything to watch or to spend time making fan content for.