Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general How do you cope with loneliness?

SilyGeny

I have a few good friends and at most of the times I like being alone.    If not,  I read a lot and write and have anime/manga and games or I walk or take a long bike ride to clear out my head. 

• Brohoof 1

Late at night, loneliness is something I experience at times. In these situations, I will do at least one of a few different things:

Chat with friends on Skype

Watch Youtube videos, preferably Storpey videos for combating loneliness

Go for a long walk

Play video games, a classic remedy

Those are usually my go to strategies.

• Brohoof 1

It depends.

I used to have some problems with this a few years ago, as I wanted to be social and hang out with friends, but social happened to other people.

I dealt with the loneliness by ignoring the fact that I was lonely. I just kept telling myself, you don't need anyone, like that one song from EG3.

Of course, I got moments where I realized that I was really lonely, and that no one but my family really cared about me. Those moments were the worst. I used to cry my eyes out some nights when I started thinking. I'm not trying to be cliché here, but my feelings pretty much matched the lyrics from the aforementioned song. "I know there's more that's out there, something to fill this hole inside."

I really had times where it genuinely felt like there was a gaping hole in my stomache, that should be filled with friendship.

Then, that hole got filled.

By Summer Breeze, the most amazingfantasticalicious person I know.

Basically, it didn't matter anymore that no one at school, or anywhere didn't really know me, because she does. It doesn't matter if people don't care about me, because she does.

Since then I haven't really felt that lonely anymore.

But whenever I'm lonely late at night, I just think about her, and the feeling goes away.

• Brohoof 2

Badly, I either nap or play games with an empty feeling. I almost always feel lonely and after awhile you feel empty inside. I tried making friends with other people but it always never ends up good.

• Brohoof 1

I'll just talk to friends. if none are online... i dunno i'll just play 5 minutes of csgo, listen to music. but one thing that does still hype me is making music. but that's not everyone's interest.

• Brohoof 1

Sometimes something as simple as having the TV on in the background while you get on with whatever you were doing helps. if you really wanna do stuff though then just send out some messages to friends asking if they wanna chill, or at least chat :P

• Brohoof 2

​Whenever I ever feel lonely, I usually like to talk to myself.  I'll just try to develop some new hobbies, or stick with the old ones. Either way, these make for great exercises. :)

• Brohoof 2

If any of my friends are online, I'll see if they want to talk.

If not, I'll fall back on the one thing that has always helped me escape loneliness. Music. I can just lose myself in it and feel free of everything that has been troubling me.

Oh that's easy. 

By remembering how often people pissed me off, how inconsiderate & lazy they are and how I have little in common with the sheep out there.  I also look back as to how I was forced to be with a building full of strangers 8 hours a day, 5 days a week 40 weeks a year for 14 years. 

Be grateful you're alone. There's nobody to judge you, nobody to tell you how to act or how things should be, nobody to disturb you, no body to question you, nobody to conform to or put on a face for. 

I am not lonely. I am free. That's how I deal with it. 

Well, if I ever feel lonely, or some other similar negative/sad emotion, I do one (or more) of three things.

1.  Find the quickest source to promote the release of dopamine [and other related positive neurochemicals].  Such sources for me tend to include but are not limited to:  

A. Snacking on yummy foods and/or drinking a caffeinated beverage (ehem, or alcoholic beverage),
B. Watching either ponies, anime, youtube, movies, or other related moving pictures of a rate of at least 29 frames per second, though the more the merrier (yes I'm extending this answer because I'm being silly),
C. Lurk MLP Forums, or BITOG [bob is the oil guy] forums.
D. [Redacted] (lol, you know what),
Q. And other misc. things that release inhibitions.

2.  Cry and then remember that chemicals in tears actually do make you feel better and then I just feel better.  Or sometimes that doesn't work and then I get mad because it should.  And then I laugh because I have ADHD.

3.  Swear at inanimate objects. 

3.  Check Skype to see if [someone] is online.  If not, I check if other people are online.  Strike up a random convo.  

42.  Have random insomnia like about twice or thrice per month at unpredictable times and try to enjoy the numbness rather than be afraid of it.

Oh wait, that is unrelated to this thread.

Eeyup, that pretty much sums it up.

~ Miles  :derp: 

• Brohoof 2

Surrounding myself with every wind instrument I could possibly ever want!

As much as I like to joke about that, it hasn't helped me one bit. When the loneliness strikes, there's nothing I can do but wait for it to pass. I think if it were pure loneliness, I might be okay. However, it is loneliness in regards to an individual, and no matter how hard I try, I can't get it resolved one way or the other.

Edited by Envy

I'm not a lonely person most of the time, but I do have my moments. When I'm lonely, I like to talk to my close friend and/or watch YouTube videos. ^^ But another thing that helps and keeps me occupied for hours is writing short stories. ^^ I just dive into the world that I create and I don't come back up for a few hours. It's a nice use of time and I can be in someone else's head, haha. :)

I've been feeling lonesome for quite some time, my only real solution being online gaming (Some Netflix/Hulu too) to distract. A lot of it being I have no cash to go out and anxiety issues. That and the lack of interest to do anything anymore.

• Brohoof 1