Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you relax for the night

reader8363

I listen to music, browse the forums, or play a bit of Animal Crossing. Very peaceful and relaxing game. Nothing action-packed to be seen there. And when my insomnia kicks in I tend to find myself watching Netflix really late.

• Brohoof 1

I do A LOT to calm down at night (I suffer from anxiety). First, I collect some snacks and a cold soda to take with me to my room. Then, I lay down on my bed. Next, I do the following: Eat, watch Youtube, listen to music, draw, and repeat until I fall asleep!

I often relax with a multi-tier sensory immersion including soothing nature sounds from my Echoes of Nature CDs, my home planetarium putting the cosmos just a few feet above my bed, a calming mini fountain on my bedside table, and of course, a good deep snuggle with my special plushies. Sometimes I change this up with my favorite cartoons just before bed and some scented candles (vanilla and lavender is a particular favorite). I like anything that takes me away into my own personal universe. :orly:

A cup of tea is a must for me. Except for that, I usually just watch videos on youtube.

I tend to watch a video or two while having a small snack, that does wonders in winding down my mind. If I can't sleep for whatever reason than I listen to music until I am tired enough to fall asleep easily.

It doesn't take a lot for me to give off the illusion of relaxation, I normally can just sit or lie down and chill doing whatever activity I please, but as I have sensory overload a lot of the time, I can't 'truly' feel relaxed no matter what I do. I'm always on edge, worried about or focusing on something. It's quite problematic, but I try my best to accommodate the situation as well as I can.

• Brohoof 1

I can't sleep in silence but I also can't sleep with music of any kind or ambient sounds. I need the sound of human voices to sleep which means I need an audiobook or a film playing when I'm trying to sleep. I think it's because I spent almost every night staying up late watching films on Netflix and fell asleep doing so, I've just become accustomed to it now.

I always open the window before sleeping, because I need to have a connection to nature when I go to sleep. It's not so much that my room turns into an oven during summer, I also open it during winter. I also don't care that my room turns into a zoo, the only thing that's a little anniying is that the insects land on my smartphone screen when I use it during the night. Wow, I really sound like a hippie there O.o but sleeping in a closed room just makes me feel kinda uncomfortable, it's also too quiet as well.

(edited)

I usually don't sleep well in general, most of the time. I stay up so late, I just pass out from exhaustion. But recently, I have been trying to improve my sleeping schedule. Usually, I lay down with some relaxing music and let it smooth me to sleep. This works most of the time, I am just so addicted to staying up late, that getting in the habit of doing that is hard. But it would be better for my health. So, that is what I will trying to get in the habit of doing for the future. <3

Edited by MoTusNua

(edited)

I usually surf the internet with some amazing music in the background. Usually talking about things like the Lavender Town Theme from Pokémon's Gen 2 remakes or (as I am listening to right now as I type this) Pallet Town's Theme from the same games (sped up to 1.25x, normal speed irks me).

Edited by Barik the Luigineer

I love to listen to soothing music before bed (especially Enya's) while taking a long bubble bath. I enjoy spraying light lavender scent on my pillow as well. Late night doodling is also pretty calming, especially if I am stressed or anxious about something. Once in a while, I'll record my thoughts in a journal as a "memory dump", which helps my mind to not feel so overactive, as it is prone to be. ^^ 

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...