Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How long do you plan on staying active here?

Venomous

Every now and again, a user that has been a regular user here for a long time departs from this site permanently. Each user has their own reasons for leaving and I can understand that. Even though this website has changed over the years, I don’t plan on leaving anytime soon. This website is like another home to me. No matter how drastically it alters, I won’t go.

Of course, one day, I will. I don’t see myself as an 85 year old woman visiting this site :ButtercupLaugh:

Do you plan on staying for the long haul like me, not sure, or are you leaving soon?

• Brohoof 6

the fandom was always about the people for me, the ponies are just something we have in comon to talk about, so as long as there are people i'll be here

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

Who knows. Been on the fandom ride for almost a decade. But then again, I stopped visiting derpy chat and dropped ponysquare too, though in the first case was the chat becoming deserted by my friends and on the second example it had to do with my ex being her usual "playful" self, which was turned into me being the ass for calling her out of her hooking up with several users. Man, I feel like a total dumbass about letting things like those pass by.

Annyway, back on topic. I highly doubt so (leaving, that's what I mean). This place is ok and I've made some friends I wouldn't dare leave. I think I'll remain until all my friends are gone.

Edited by Jesse Terrence
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

I honestly have no idea. Not going to be leaving too soon, probably. Thought I would move on from here at some point, but not sure.

There's some people on this forum that are annoying, divisive, and overall horrible but not letting that stop me. :P

Edited by Furret ᐡ꒳ᐡ

The honest answer is: I don't know. It feels weird being one of the longest-tenured members still here, because it doesn't feel that long ago when I was still relatively new. Of course, while I still log in every day, my actual posting activity has declined by over 95% from what it once was, partially due to the fact that the number of active users here has declined sharply from when the show was at peak popularity. I think I would be most curious to see if the website makes a resurgence if a full G5 is produced.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
1 hour ago, Bakugou is my Man said:

Of course, one day, I will. I don’t see myself as an 85 year old woman visiting this site :ButtercupLaugh:

I'll probably stay until ALL of my friends leave or posting here becomes something I do out of habit rather than out of enjoyment. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 3

In this example, sometimes I'm Spike, sometimes I'm Twilight, but generally for this the forums, I go about them like Starlight does in Season 6 Episode 8, "A Hearths Warming Tail". I don't use the the site to actually socialize that much. I enjoy the company and recognizing regulars. I enjoy being a part of the community with limited engagement. Mlp forums for me is the workplace watercooler, rather than the after work pub I meet all of my buddies at like it is for some.

What I really get provided here is an input of ideas, and a means to output my own. This exchange has given me focus on things I tie into my other interests and results in painfully slow projects that I've worked on mentally for years and am too far in to stop.

We may not have the growth we used to, and we're not brought up in mass media all that often these days, but it's not because we're in decline. It's because we're a strong Fandom that has established itself into everyday life. We are here to stay, and I along with it.

• Brohoof 2

I'm not really a forums person, because I don't enjoy talking much, it gets repetitive too quick. Reading similar or the same stuff over and over is tiresome... This or all of my acquaintances leaving at some point was my reason to quit as well in the past. But I regret doing this and I'm not gonna do this anymore. Even though I'm not a huge talker most of the time...I'm always here if someone needs help. I love to help if I can. I'm here for the very few friends I have. And I will always love MLP, it's my biggest joy in life, no matter what will happen in the future.

I think it is fandom related. If there is something new exciting that is far superior to MLP, but also has the community and friendship, I would rather go there than stay.

I have seen people moving from MLP to FNAF to Undertale to whatever is nowadays (Fortnite? Really I don't know what to be excited for today), but it has been she short term fans that don't seem to concentrate on friendship, or knowing what they are or want to be.

But when it comes to me, I joined this forum with a goal, to be Splashee, the best I can be. It has been a crazy ride, but it ain't over yet! :squee:

• Brohoof 1