Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your darkest fears

Johny Farenheit

I have a few... but I guess the immiedate sum of my darkest fear...would be losing another loved one, whether that be my husband, my mother, the kids in my family...

Oddly I was talking with my niece while we were having a day out today, when the topic came up of what would happen if we lost of them kids...

I immediatly said "You know...that would be awful...You kids are the best out of us...You have inherieted everything that is good from my sisters, my brothers, your father, myself...our whole family! You are our family's future, our legacy, that will carry on our name and make this world a better place... to lose you would be devestating..."

That's a dark fear of mine.

My greatest fear is...

... fear itself, to be completely honest. I have not experienced anything fearful enough to cause a phobia, and I've nearly died twice, so fear of death is out of the question...

I guess I have no fear, save fear itself.

I'm really fearful of hornets and failure.

Hornets: I think that they are useless bugs. I don't see them pollinating or contributing to life in the world, unlike bumblebees. If anything, all they like to do is try to sting other things, and it doesn't matter what it is. They defend themselves, but it's usually for an unnecessary reason. They aren't like bees, oh no. They are insects with anger management problems, and they would sting you for anything. They swarm the front of my house, and they keep me from going outside at all. 

Failure: that's obvious. I sometimes feel like I'm doing bad on a test or I didn't do something properly, and that's what makes dread shoot through my mind. I anticipate failure, and having to fail something makes me believe that it will effect my future.

I'm afraid of being all alone. Like, I'm the only person left on Earth. I would hate that. And Clowns. I hate clowns so much. Well the carnival and circus clowns anyway

Got another one...it's sadly my own rage.

Most who view my profile I guess wouldn't think I'm the type to have a rage outburst... but I do though its been a year that I offically let out this 'rage'. I'm not talking about cussing or crying/screaming rage, I littreally mean breaking stuff in a fit of uncontrolled anger to which I can't remember what I was angry about till it's over. Guess that's what they call a "Blind Rage".

I get it from my dad's side of things I guess, but I don't use it as an excuse, the outburst is my own and mine to control. What I fear about it is the poltential harm I could to to objects/belongings and myself, though I never actually did hurt myself. It was nearly 3yrs ago since my last outburst, and it was during a family crisis (lost my dad) and something happened between me and one of my siblings that sent me into a rage.

Kinda like a short fuse lit and it happened to be attatched to a box of TNT. I went to my room and repeatly kicked the bed, screaming and crying, punching the walls and pillows. I almost broke my foot assaulting my bed. To this day I still can't remember what I was so angry about... but it obviously wasn't worth the damage to my room or foot.

So I've taken strides to better contol the outbursts, but there's always that dark fear that it could happen again... I can only hope that now that I'm more mature, I can better deal with it.

I wouldn't say this is a fear as much as it is paranoia: But everytime I plug something into a socket I get worried that I'll shock myself or set something on fire.

• Brohoof 1

Well, if you know what psychological buttons to push, it could trigger PTSD and I would end up incapacitated due to loss of physical as well as emotional strength, even cognitively impaired. The real fear is getting taken advantage of when in that helpless state... 

• Brohoof 1

I'm scared of the dark.  I hallucinate a lot and that mixed with darkness is not fun.

I'm scared of water I can't see through.  There could be monsters in there.

I'm scared of dead snakes.  Live ones are ok, but dead ones just creep me out.

And I'm scared of heights.  I can't be a couple inches off the ground or I'll start to freak out.

• Brohoof 1

*pulls out list*

Where to start... I'll just list a couple

- The dark

- Social interaction

- Death

- Elevators

- General paranoia about lots of things

- Fear of failing and ruining everything at everything I do

My darkest fears? okay..

Letting everyone on here who counts me eiter as a close friend or part of their 'forum family' down, having some if not all of them leave me, and being alone again. Those are my darkest fears..

• 5 months later...

I'd have to say my greatest fear is heights, which is acrophobia I think,  which is pretty justified. Seeing how it's human instinct to avoid high places (for most). I'm also a little cosmophobic, not much, but a little.

• Brohoof 1

thats it, what are your phobias or worst fears?? Mine are arachnophobia, I cant see a spider in any form, even in images it scares me, I start sweating and getting anxious

the only thing I have is that I find most insects to be disgusting.

Other than that weeell, I don't fear death one bit...

• Brohoof 2

i´d rather bungie- jump from a rooftop than stand in front of a large crowd, giving a speech.

most of my fears have to do with social anxieties.

well.. all of them, more or less.

Edited by Sceethe
  • Brohoof 1

Trypanophobia: fear of epidermic needles. I'm a brony and proud of it, but if there's one thing that I feel is emasculating to me it's my reaction to shots. Anyone who knows me, it's quite a site to see me reduced to a gibbering, shaking wreck at the mere proximity of a needle. 

• Brohoof 3