Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How was your 2011?

Arylett Charnoa

Well this is an odd thread to revive :wacko:. I love it! :yay: 

So yeah, 2011...

The first half of the year was pretty great. I finished elementary school and was really excited to move on to middle school. But in the fall, my dad got sick... and this started his battle with mental illness for over two years. The latter half of the year was really scary since I didn't know what was going on... but I do remember enjoying school that year so there was that at least :) 

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, SparklingSwirls said:

Well this is an odd thread to revive :wacko:. I love it! :yay: 

So yeah, 2011...

The first half of the year was pretty great. I finished elementary school and was really excited to move on to middle school. But in the fall, my dad got sick... and this started his battle with mental illness for over two years. The latter half of the year was really scary since I didn't know what was going on... but I do remember enjoying school that year so there was that at least :) 

Feel sorry for what happened to your dad. No kid should ever have to grow up with that ever happening.

• Brohoof 1

In 2011 I was still in my 'lost years'. This is before I moved back to the west coast and my life began again. I was stranded in the Midwest and hating every minute of it. Things started to improve fairly soon after 2011. 

2011 was the year my grandmother died. :( She was like a second mother to me. It hit me very hard so her battle with cancer is sadly what usually comes to mind first when I think of 2011.

But otherwise, I guess I had an alright time. Don't remember too much apart from the fact that I met my current girlfriend that year. We had a class together in 8th grade and now, as college sophomores, we're finally a couple. :)

Biggest regret is that I wasn't a brony till 2014. :P

• Brohoof 1

Hmmm, if I remember correctly 2011 was one of the worst years of my life so far, next to 2012. Mother threatening to commit suicide, having to be taken away by my father where I spent a year at my step grandmother's house... who I felt didn't like me, then moving back in with my mother to deal with the drama all over again. Plus I managed to nearly screw myself out of graduating on time in just my Sophomore year.

So yeah, not a fun time.

• 7 months later...

2011 was rough. I had just transferred from a junior college to a university. That transition was not smooth, since the junior college did not offer introductory courses for my major. Plus, I had to get use to the different environment. I generally do poorly in that kinda situation. 

• 5 months later...
(edited)

It's really hard to remember that far back... :blink:

Let's see... It was not a great year for me. I remember that was around when I started to get depressed most of the time, around the time I was in my early teen years. It wasn't nearly as bad as 2018 was (seriously, 2018 was the worst year of my life), but it was still a rotten year I remember. Though I don't remember much else, other than it being bad.

Edited by DusksuD

It was absolutely fantastic. The 3DS came out and as soon as I got one, I've been having a blast. I wonder what 2013 will hold for us, but let's enjoy our 2012 and make the best of it. Let's try to make it even better than 2011. People think the world is gonna end this year but I honestly don't believe that. Just because the Mayan Calendar ends on the 21st doesn't mean they predicted the end of the world or something. Let's just stay positive and expect this whole doomsday prediction to be false.

I have no clue why this thread is still alive after all these years.

2011 was weird, I guess. I was still in Middle School and was in someway part of the Sonic fandom. All in all, not a real interesting year.

kind of a weird thread to use necromancy on, but sure, why not, 2011 was quite an interesting year for me, it was the year i went out of the army and went to college, i also moved to another city for it, and i stayed even after i finished college

2011 was my first year teaching. Twas hell. Dropped that job so fast. Continued teaching just not there. We were pregnant with my daughter at the time so that was fun. For a short time I thought I was developing schizophrenia, it ended up just being stress from that job. 

Can't really remember most of it. Probably for the better I guess, lol.

But it was the year that I discovered MLP for the first time. I hated it. :D

• 6 months later...

My 2011 was pretty busy. I was working on a game together with a group of people. It was very demanding. I had to figure out ways to scroll the screen or camera, and go through a lot of collision data. Multiple bugs. It was hell! I loved it! :ButtercupLaugh:

• Brohoof 1

When was that? 2011....

Oh! 2nd grade primary

Hmmmm....ah right!

It's that time where we all still played together cheerfully outside of the classroom, before the arrival of mobile games(which changed everything :sunny:)

It was a quite fun period of my life

Also....I remember the internet wasn't introduced to me yet and my English....let's not talk about that Xp

2011 was the last time we had a legitimate winter storm where I live.

Imagine that. I joined here in October of 2011 and the entirety of my time on these forums we haven't had a single winter storm. No one should have to wonder why I'm always so grouchy about the weather when I put it in that context. lol