Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Foods you dislike that everyone likes?

Moonlight

Dammit I can't find a cheese+food combination that doesn't come up!

That's because people love it waaaay too much. It's almost as bad as how obsessive people are with bacon, which I flat out don't eat. The difference between bacon people and cheese people, though, is that bacon people bother you about it once and let it be.

Century eggs (皮蛋)

It's not really that everyone likes it, but a good handful of Chinese folks I met seem to really enjoy it.

Personally to me it tastes like undercooked liver, and I'm not a huge fan of livers either.

(edited)
  • Steak:

My family loves it while I just despise the crap outta it. And the worst is that I'm forced to eat this a lot for the suppers :(

I think I hate it because it's tasteless and the texture of it is pretty harsh and it's really harsh as hell for my jaw.

• Potato salad:

Cold patatos with weird sauce on it? OH HELL NO! My family tends to like this meal a lot, while it's just not my cup of tea.

• Cold Pastas:

Pastas are supposed to be hot not cold! Makes them taste so weird IMO. And it's even worst when it's with vegetables. Proof: When I try this combo, most of the time I wanna throw up like really bad because of it's awful taste. And again, I hate it while my family loves it.

Edited by Cosmic V0rtex
  • Brohoof 2

I can't do chicken and dumplings, turnip greens, fried ochre or sauerkraut-n-weenies. These are foods that are very popular here. For some reason...

I remember growing up when I would ask mom 'what's for dinner' when she would say "sauerkraut-n-weenies" it finally got to the point where I would just ask why. It's like eating stringy rotten vinegar with chopped up hotdogs bits in it.

Sauerkraut is finely cut cabbage that has been fermented.

P1050345.jpg

Nooooooo! Please mom, DON'T DO THIS! Think of your children!

Even the animals wouldn't eat it. The dogs would look at you like "WTF.... I ain't eatin' that." And the smell... OMG... Gives me the chills just thinking about it. Anyone with a weak gag reflex wouldn't be able to handle it. lol

• Brohoof 1

Watermelon, hot dogs, onions, pickles, mushrooms, tomatoes, and bananas.

Put those on my plate. I dare you :I

I don't like cream, whenever anyone offers me a pudding with cream on it I'll always decline, I've never liked the stuff but it seems like everyone else does and they can't understand why I don't like it.  The only person I know other than myself who doesn't like cream is my sister.

(edited)

Spaghetti. It's awful and my Dad pretty much forces me to eat it because it's some family recipe, so when I say I hate it he says I should like it because I have Italian blood. Your heritage dictates what you should eat guys.

Edited by Holiday

Chicken Wings. My family salivates over my Dad's chicken wings, but I think they're gross. They're tiny, have barely any meat on them, eating them is a mess since sauce gets everywhere like you're suddenly a messy toddler, and they're a fight just to tear the meat off. Same with drumsticks, which is mostly bone and I need to dig for any good meat. 

Steak. Again, my family loves steak and are flabbergasted I don't. Every steak I've ever eaten has been tough, chewy and just not appetizing even when supposedly cooked to perfection. 

(edited)

I don't like:

Krave cereal

Steak

Squid

Most meat/fish with bone-in

Liver

Crab

Mungo beans

Yogurt

Custard

Cottage Cheese

Edited by d^_^b

When there is nothing else to eat in the house, I will slice some Cheddar or Swiss cheese off the block and get some ketchup to dip them in. 

Well, I put ketchup on a lot of things that other people don't. 

• 9 months later...

Anything that is made from mincemeat, mainly Bolognese and Lasagne. I just despise the way that it looks, the way that it feels in your mouth, the fact that it reminds of intestines. Just looking at it makes me cringe, and I seriously wonder why so many people consider it to be so delicious. It's one of the few foods that I physically cannot stand to eat.

I'm a candy junkie myself. I like seafood a lot as well.