Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Foods you dislike that everyone likes?

Moonlight

• 1 year later...
(edited)

I like almost everything except Cinnamon Rolls and Cinnamon Mints. I don't know why they gross me out, I like a few other cinnamon flavored foods. Come to think of it though most of the cinnamon flavored things I like have I mild cinnamon flavor compared to Cinnamon Rolls, and all the cinnamon candies I've heard of are spicy (I'm not a big fan of spicy). Which reminds me I don't like Sriracha either, I like bell peppers and mild spicy stuff.

When I was a kid I used to not like lima beans, onions, tomatoes, mustard, pickles, cornbread, and other stuff picky kids don't like. Now I like all those foods and there are a few of my childhood favorites (i.e. ketchup and ranch) that I don't hate but I don't eat them anymore.

Also I still haven't had an opportunity to try Sushi, I want to though :)

Edited by PlanetAppleton

The only things I can think of that I don't like is just condiments, like mayonnaise and ranch dressing.

I remember my mom got me Subway and a lady before her was getting a sandwich. She kept asking for more and more mayonnaise. Just the thought of it was disgusting. Not one nano-Ångström of me likes mayo. 

I used to not have an opinion on sour cream, but I tried it and it was ok. I'm still on the fence about it but I won't be grossed out if I find sour cream on stuff. I'll still consume it.

It's weird how people can just say that they don't like whole types of foods like pizza as if there's only one way of making them. What is the reason why you don't like them? Is there a reason? It's why I find the idea of "liking" or "disliking" foods to be illogical for the most part.

I'm rather fond of eating new things and there are few things I might reject but I'm always willing to give foods a chance. I can eat cereals with sugary elements in them but children's cereal has an overabundance of poorly manufactured sugar, as well as various childish elements like dyes which harms the overall quality of the food. In addition, I was always repelled by the image of it. It's why child's cereals were always something I disliked. The good qualities of those cereals might be their texture which I always liked in certain other cereals. If I disliked something and somebody asked why then I wouldn't just shrug and say, "because".

So basically, I don't buy anybody telling me that they know they won't like a food without trying it because it's unfamiliar. If I can go to other countries and eat their foods without complaining then anybody can.

• Brohoof 1

It's weird how people can just say that they don't like whole types of foods like pizza as if there's only one way of making them. What is the reason why you don't like them? Is there a reason? It's why I find the idea of "liking" or "disliking" foods to be illogical for the most part.

Well... There's a reason behind everything, comrade. Okay, maybe not everything, but you know what I mean :)

(edited)

Then why do you dislike all pizza?

Well. It's simple. I didn't like configuration of ingredients in any pizza I saw. Most frequent ingredient contained in pizza that I don't like - melted cheese. I don't completely dislike cheese, but I can't eat cheese in melted state, even if I try.

Similar situation with some other ingredients :)

Edit: damn my brain for grammatical errors.

Edited by Custos Umbra

Well. It's simple. I didn't like configuration of ingredients in any pizza I saw. Most frequent ingredient contained in pizza that I don't like - melted cheese. I don't completely dislike cheese, but I can't eat cheese in melted state, even if I try.

Similar situation with some other ingredients :)

Edit: damn my brain for grammatical errors.

That's what I meant about it not making sense. Pizza can be made any way you want. It can have any texture or even any shape. Stuff like pizza and casseroles are malleable. So you don't dislike pizza...you dislike mainstream pizza. Just like I don't dislike cereal. I dislike mainstream children's cereal.

(edited)

Steak, I don't like steak. There! I said it!

I also am not a fan of steak. I prefer hamburger or roast beef. Steaks are usually chewy and I always get a piece of gristle that I have to spit out. I feel like I'm "supposed" to like steak because it's considered fancy.

Also, sweet tea, anything pickled sweet, and grapefruit are disgusting.

Edited by BronyNumber42
  • Brohoof 1

I also am not a fan of steak. I prefer hamburger or roast beef. Steaks are usually chewy and I always get a piece of gristle that I have to spit out. I feel like I'm "supposed" to like steak because it's considered fancy.

Also, sweet tea, anything pickled sweet, and grapefruit are disgusting.

I also dislike grapefruit, just bleh. And the only reason I eat steak is because I don't want my dad to think that he cooked it wrong.