Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you like, or dislike, poni-fication?

HorsesandMOARGaloar

Poni-fication is when someone is drawn as an MLP:FiM pony. This art style has angered many people throughout the Internet, for they would have a flood of artworks in which their favourite characters are drawn as cutesy ponies -- that would seem demeaning to them.

Do you like this art style, in which your favourite characters are re-drawn as ponies, or your favourite ponies re-enacting moments from your favourite works? Or do you find poni-fication as annoying as it really is?

• Brohoof 3

I like some of them. Keep in mind that one of the most famous fanfiction of this fandom is a ponification of Fallout.

I like the art-work and I don't see why it angers people. Who doesn't like cuddly little ponies?

• Brohoof 2

Sometimes I find it a bit weird but most of the time I like it a lot :squee:

I think it's funny to see my favourite games, animes and even celebrities get poni-fied :D

• Brohoof 2

I like some of them. Keep in mind that one of the most famous fanfiction of this fandom is a ponification of Fallout.

I like the art-work and I don't see why it angers people. Who doesn't like cuddly little ponies?

Sometimes, re-drawing someone as a "cuddly little pony" would be as absurd as turning "Warhammer 40000" into a children's show.

I honestly dislike ponification from characters of a show (or videogames). (Thomas & Friends ponies feels so wrong...)

But I suppose someone ponifying celebrities/remaking their own self as a pony, I have nothing against that as long as it doesn't seem out of place in Equestria.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Even as a kid I never got the whole cross overs and changing up characters for this and that. I might have added an OC into a show but that's it. There must be a good ponification but I haven't seen it yet.

I mean there is some good talent out there... why not just make your own story and concept?

Edited by cidershield

Some characters just shouldn't be soiled by being ponified. This fandom is...well, a virus. And sometimes it targets and ruins other fandoms.

It really depends on the fandom. But I wouldn't really say "ruined", mainly because it doesn't affect either of the canon shows. Like Dr. Who for instance. You CANNOT say Dr. Whooves and Derpy aren't cute together. You can choose one where it ruins, as I am not part of many other fandoms.

It really depends on the fandom. But I wouldn't really say "ruined", mainly because it doesn't affect either of the canon shows. Like Dr. Who for instance. You CANNOT say Dr. Whooves and Derpy aren't cute together. You can choose one where it ruins, as I am not part of many other fandoms.

But you must admit, seeing Homestuck characters turned into ponies hurts a little. ^^'

(edited)

Eh i love them and have done a few crossovers on some musical tracks. Between my Gravity Falls / MLP crossover. A Doctor Whooves based on the ask blog, and countless ponified covers it's just another avenue to explore and allow ponies to crossover with other fandoms and human elements. 

Edited by Freewave

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not a huge fan of ponification or crossovers in general, but I'm cool with seeing good ponified art of stuff/characters I recognise.  :catface: I don't really see how it angers some people so much, though I can kinda understand it being annoying, at least.

(edited)

I never understood the rage against such concept of ponifying things, though only to a certain extent.

Nobody ever cares as much were one to make a underage heavily endowed moe-anthropomorphic anime girl out of something, even something as common as a furry fetish! However, when it comes to ponies... "ITZ UNACCEPTIBUL!"

Edited by Psychedelicize
  • Brohoof 1

Nobody ever cares as much were one to make a underage heavily endowed moe-anthropomorphic anime girl out of something, even something as common as a furry fetish! However, when it comes to ponies... "ITZ UNACCEPTIBUL!"

On the other hand: Anime (or an exact moe-girl) is accaptable cuz people nowdays are more conforming with these things, they enjoy it and the internet is for p...entartainment. More people watches anime than mlp so if it was reversed, the same thing would happen.(who knows?) Still I guess people is just prejudiced against mlp so that could be the reason why they don't like the ponificated things.

Personally, I don't...care? I guess. When I see a ponified picture about something (which is not includes r34 or anything sexually) I just shrug my shoulders.

• Brohoof 1

Depends on what's being poni-fied. Sometimes it can be neat/cool. Sometimes it can be really fucking stupid

(edited)

Sometimes, re-drawing someone as a "cuddly little pony" would be as absurd as turning "Warhammer 40000" into a children's show.

that actually exists with 40k lore. childrens books on prothemium show a heretic on fire by a flame with a smiley face and the song "The Wheels on the Bus go round and round" is "The tracks on the Landraider crush the heretics." XD

On the subject. I find most ponification amusing but the ones where reall effort as been put into them so that the characters clothes, weapons and such have been modified to work on a pony. just slapping a characters tattoo on a pony's butt is abit half assed XD

Edited by Malinter

I believe it depends.. For real life humans being in that situation? Probably not because it's weird. If it's cartoon characters which are, well, already cartoon characters.. I'm fine with it. I won't judge anypony regardless, ponify everything and anything in sight. Hah, Hell, I've even see ponification of barbecue grills. :P