Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you like and dislike about Mlp?

Bluenavyangel

I know that almost everybody is a fan here, but still, even fans dislike and like something about what they enjoy.

I enjoy the fandom just as much as anybody, but the thing I don't like is that after one episode, almost everybody think that Pinkie is prone to insanity and suicide.

But what I do like is the story and the characters.

Edited by Bluenavyangel
  • Brohoof 1

I generally like the show. There's a few episodes that were meh, but overall very good. My only real criticism is of that VERY LOUD minority in the fandom that make Bronies look bad.

• Brohoof 2

My only real criticism is of that VERY LOUD minority in the fandom that make Bronies look bad.

^^This. And that when I first started liking MLP I could not stand the logo or the theme-tune, but I loved the rest of it.

But now I don't think that there is anything that I don't like about it. I watch the show and buy merchandise.

What I dislike:

• RainbowDash
  • Fans who overreact/take things too seriously
  • Fan-given quirks (i.e, Princess Celestia loving bananas or Derpy being a mail pony)
  • Cons are too expensive

What I like:

• The fantastic variety of art
  • Friendly and welcoming community
  • A lot of cool merchandise
  • Brohoof 2

I love the crisp animation style, amazing voice acting and the loveable characters.

Some of plot might be contrived at times, especially when (it seems to me) the writers enjoy lampshading story continuity instead of letting it play out by itself, but really those are minor concerns.

What I like:

• The relatable and likable characters
  • The good animation, despite being made in Flash
  • The general community of the Brony subculture that surrounds MLP

What I dislike:

• Oversensitive fans (in other words, the Brony fanboys/fangirls that make the rest of us look bad)
  • Fans that are overreactive (remember the Derpy incident, Pricess Twilight Sparkle, original Equestria Girls movie, etc...?)
  • Some of the flaws of the writing in MLP... I like to think that MLP is generally a great cartoon, but when an episode is bad, it is BAD.
  • Brohoof 2

What i like :

• The cute animation ( talking about all Gens )  :pinkie:
  • The various different Styles that all the movies, television shows and games have.
  • The sometimes very emotional Songs.
  • The surprisingly dark moments.
  • And the sometimes very cool fights.

What i dislike :

• The very simplistic style of the latest show, i mean, by some perspectives, the pony faces just look very strange.
  • The overreactions of the characters.
  • Some characters are to stereo typish.
  • And the overall Meh Episodes, in between the Seasons. Normally i wouldnt care, but after all that praise the show has become from bronys, and how their said : Very great Cartoon, one of the best Cartoons ever or the best MLP Series to date, i was just very disappointed by the end product. I like the Show, but im not sure, that i watch the show, which the bronys are talking about.  :wacko:  Because for me, it wasnt that great. :ooh:
  • Brohoof 1

I don't like how there's kind of a taboo against making up races for OCs, unless they exist IRL too.

I mean, I used to watch Adventure time, check that, I was obsessed with it (I went out of Halloween night dressed as the main character, including shorts and t-shirt, and i refused to put anything on over it, just so that my costume was "Accurate"), And something I liked about the fandom was you could make an OC anything you want, as long as it isn't extremely stupid (Or human, Humans were the alicorns of that show), I mean, I haven't watched Adventure Time in around 3 years, (I don't like it anymore), but I remember that one part of the fandom.

What i dislike:

• Voice actors getting older.So we wouldn't get use to new voices in the future.For ex: Applebloom
  • Unicorn Twilight, no offense...
  • Characters' getting older so quickly and Luna hasn't got older in 1000 moon but in the five season characters have already grown too quick. For ex: The Simpsons. Characters are still same after 30 seasons..

What i like:

• Show's messages that illuminate all of us
  • Pony's human like lives
  • Pony's reactions and face expressions
  • You can learn lots of goods about friendship

What I like:

Ponies, specially Derpy and Twilight

Some fan-made stuffs- like music, arts, animations and fictions and OC pony, like Snowdrop.

Some people of fandom are great

Some great horse famous like Dusty Katt and KP

What I dislike:

There some who give bad image to the fandom (I feel they got nothing to do with the fandom)

Some fan-mades stuffs I dislike

Ponies that fan made them into, like Pinkamena and Discord Whooves and also make me find Derpy annoying

There few people in the fandom that upset/anger me

There some sences in the show that I annoyed/depress me

All over the top angry crazziness on Princess Twilight Sparkle and Equestria Girls

Edited by Adam Burt
  • Brohoof 1

About the show itself, I like everything. I don't see any major flaws with it (save for like 3 episodes that i consider bad/mediocre, but even then they can still be enjoyable), which is why it's my second favorite show. I'd even go as far to say it is one of the best animated shows ever, but that really is just my opinion, so take it with a grain of salt.

About the fandom, I really just dislike the loud minority, but that's with any fandom.

Edited by Yufery

What I Like:

- Great characters 

- Great stories

- Great fan content

What I dislike:

- The fandom itself, especially the fans that are horribly unreasonable with their expectations towards the show and characters

Edited by Megas75

I like the characters, the songs, the animation, the humor, and the fantasy element of the show.

I don't like a few episodes, snips and snails, how we still haven't gotten a Celestia episode yet, and I would like to see a little bit more worldbuilding.  But besides that I like a lot about the show and there are only a few things that I don't really like.

CAUTION: ME NO ENGLISH RIGHT so think before you judge :(

I actually don't know why I love the show because I rarely think the jokes are funny and the stories are kind of plain but I love it I love the characters , the world and a lot of other things

What I like about the show itself:

*Nice animation

*Not so generic mane cast

*Lore

*Occasional funny joke

*Occasional awesome reference

What I dislike about the show itself:

*Opening theme 

*Alicorn Twilight

*Lack of Luna

*Lack of Trixie

What I like about the fandom:

*Generally fun people to hang out with

*Amazing art (all of it not just pictures)

*Niceness

What I dislike about the fandom:

*The bad name we can't shake

Like: 

The characters

The writing in general

The overall humor

The sincerity of it all

Dislike:

A few episodes here and there

The lack of connection between the shows two-parters and the Slice of Life episode

That the two-parters are built up to be super important and life threatening/changing yet never are (for the most part) 

I dislike the fandom's habit of treating and/or depicting certain characters/ships/concepts like crap, and by extension, alienating the fans of those characters/ships/concepts.

I also dislike the fandom's habit of losing it's blinking MIND anytime anything happens in the show that doesn't match up JUST SO with what they want.

I also personally dislike Equestria Girls on a conceptual level.

I like pretty much everything else that isn't those three things.

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 2

What I like about the show:

It's cheerful atmosphere.

It's positive message.

The music.  Seriously, it's awesome.

The humor.  Not too childish, not too serious.

What I dislike about the show:

Stories are a little too simplistic sometimes.

Needs more adventure and less slice-of-life.

What I like about the fandom:

The fanworks.  Music, art, animations, fiction, etc.

How welcoming and tolerant (most of) the community is.

What I dislike about the fandom:

How a lot of fans go ballistic over events that occur in the show.  (Twilicorn, Equestria Girls)

How some fans can take a cartoon written for kids and grossly over-analyze it's material as if it contained the riddle of life itself.

Shipping.  All of it.

How some of us argue over our opinions and use them as blunt objects to beat each other over the head with.

Edited by J. Brony
  • Brohoof 1

What I dislike.. hmm.. Some characters become wasted opportunities... And a lot of other aspects should at least be given a chance to shine. 

For example, the Royal Guards seem to be rather useless at their duties, they could not even prevent Princess Celestia from being kidnapped. The background ponies do not get enough action, and most tend to run away instead of helping. And a lot always rely on the Mane 6, when everypony should have a chance to shine and play his/her part and role. 

What I really like about the show

• Discord being reformed (YES)
  • Twilicorn (Wicked cool!)
  • Positive messages or Friendship lessons
  • CMC as Blank Flanks (my 100% favourite all of the time!)
  • DT and SS as enemies to the CMC (also 100% favourite too!)
  • Don't mind slice-of-life episodes
  • Season 4 (YEP)

What I really don't like about the show:

• The 100th episode!
  • CMC with their Cutie Marks
  • Diamond Tiara being redeemed

What I really like about the fandom:

• The fanworks.  Music, art, animations, fiction, etc. (For example; Button's Adventures by JanAnimations, Button Mash-related fan-fics)
Edited by MAIKUN