Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

When did you stop believing in Santa?

Spikey-Wikey

I remember my mom sitting me down when I was about ten years old. She told me the truth about Santa, the tooth fairy, and the Easter Bunny all in one sweep. I remember being in denial about it for a year or so! XD 

• Brohoof 1

lol im grown up enough to know its my parents who left pressies for us, but it doesnt take the fun out of it. I guess im holding onto the lore/gimmick of Father Christmas for when I have kids. My family go all out at Christmas and the stocking presents havent vanished because we love it so much and have done it since I was born (im the oldest sibling). 

plus im a big kid at heart and a wannabe mum, so i guess i still keep a look out for stuff my for my kids to enjoy.

I never stopped believing! There may have been some point in my earlier youth when I may have questioned it a bit without deciding one way or the other, but once I got old enough to see things more clearly, I absolutely believed and now I always will! Jolly 'Ol St. Nick is real and that's a FACT! 

• Brohoof 1

When I was 5 I figured out that my country’s equivalent of Santa is not real. I just thought about it for a moment, and it came to me that it’s all lies. My parents confirmed it when I asked directly. Funny thing is that I believed in him longer than I believed in god, because the presents were the proof of Santa’s existence.

I don't remember when but for me it was slow progress. First Santa stopped coming(I still left wishlists outside) and gifts were just in basked outside waiting so my Father brought them in and at last came the time when I had to buy gifts to my parents and sister too. But I was scared of Santa anyway so the fact didn't really hurt me.(I was always hiding behind couch.) xD

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

I'm in denial.

I was probably around nine. I found out when my brother did, despite his being almost two years older.

... It was probably more around 8 or younger but my cousin in now 8 and I don't want to think about that. Shhhhhhh.

I stopped believing in Santa, after i heard from someone else at School, that Parents give us the Presents.

After i heard that, i told my Parents about it and asked them, if it was true and then they told me.

Im not sure which age i was...maybe 10-11?

Edited by Tweakbright Spirkle

• 2 weeks later...

17 :-p . You can laugh :) . I only believed so long because "he" wrote to me back, so having that solid evidence made me feel sure he was real :fluttershy:.

Someone told me the post office was the one who wrote back so I was all like "ohhhhh :wacko:."

Edited by 95-Wolf
  • Brohoof 3

I'm not exactly sure what age. But as my knowledge increased, I realized how silly the whole thing was to be possible.

Still glad I got to believe in it for a time, I had some fun with the idea of it. 

• Brohoof 1