Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Things people just don't understand about you

Not Yellow Diamond

One thing is that people find me overly serious. I am just treating everything seriously because it needs to be.

Secondly, the other people always say that I'm too silent. In my response, you talk too much. 

Lastly, I'm a huge bookworm. If I'm reading, please leave me alone, unless it is something important (like, life-endangering.) Otherwise, please don't include me in the consversation.

• Brohoof 1

Well one thing that is too complicated for almost anyone to understand is that my thinking system has developed into a computerised interface. It actually allows me to identify my own functions in my thinking and that really is incredible especially when I know how to make changes to faulty sections of my personality! But still it's so complicated that probably only a brain scientist would understand. :)

• Brohoof 1

It seems that a lot of girls my age don't understand why I'm so tomboyish, why I can't stand makeup and carrying around a purse, and why I LOOOOVEEE NASCAR so much. It's annoying. 

• Brohoof 2

• 1 year later...

Most people don't even know me well, so I bet they don't understand a lot about me. I knew when I was in school, people didn't understand things like why I was into MLP, or why I wasn't extremely conservative. Or perhaps why I could care less for Country music.

• 1 year later...

There’s a LOT people don’t understand about me. I haven’t met a single person yet who has figured me out (probably never will :ButtercupLaugh:).

Edited by Lucky Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

That I don’t play FNAF to become a psycho. Sure I play for the horror a bit but THAT’S. THE. POINT. OF. HORROR. I also mainly play for the cute parts because those are the best parts.

People also don’t understand how I just don’t make “instant friends” in places where my friends aren’t at. I’d rather have a few really good friends than a lot of “they just exist” friends.

• Brohoof 2

• 6 months later...
  • That I like to read.
  • My nervousness over little things. 
  • That I eat breakfast for dinner sometimes. 
  • My lack of interest in “normal” things. 
  • My romantic tastes. 
37 minutes ago, Tao said:

My love of sniffing of books!

They smell nice. :mlp_grin:

• Brohoof 3

How I’m so nice to people.  Even to those that don’t deserve it.  I can’t count how many times my coworkers have told me they don’t understand how I was so nice to a customer who was being rude to me. I snapped at a customer one time in my career and it was like the talk for a week for example. 

It’s just hard to piss me off in general.   Being mad at someone or about a situation has never solved anything for me so I’d rather just not be mad cause then at least I’m not stressed about it. 

Other things people don’t understand about me are just cause I really don’t explain it to them.  I can’t explain how my mind works.  It’s just a bunch of randomness and jargon that even I don’t understand sometimes. 

No one understands how much I actually am obsessed with MLP because I don’t really talk about how much I actually like it.   I don’t want to annoy people.

And last thing I can think of is my emotionless demeanor.  Had people ask me why I am so emotionless.  Don’t seem excited about things, sad about things, etc.  Tbh, I don’t even know.  It makes me come off as a jerk sometimes cause I can’t express empathy to people in times they need it.   Doesn’t mean I don’t care, but it is what it is. 

• Brohoof 2

My few friends outside of the MLP fandom don't understand why I'm into ponies, my mother also for the longest time didn't really understand it either. I don't think she still entirely does, but she has a greater appreciation for this community and the people in it after she went to Trotcon 2019 with me :P

• Brohoof 3

People don't understand that I'm very anxious when it comes to meeting new people. I'm not just shy, I'm afraid to meet a person first, do the first move, etc (because when I do this I constantly feel that I'm annoying and the person continues talking to me just out of politeness). But all I got as the answer is "Why? Just say hello and start talking! It's so easy, they won't bite you!". It. Doesn't. Work. Like. This. I've been trying to explain this to my family for the last 3-4 years

• Brohoof 3

I am misunderstood so many times that I have decided to just be that way. It is not like I am wrong, just different. I don't want to change just for some random stranger to ignore me anyways

• Brohoof 2

9 hours ago, ExplosionMare said:

I’m not mixed when I tan in the summer! That wouldn’t even make sense to just “switch races” when it’s extra hot out :mlp_wat:

What does that mean? Mixed?

• Brohoof 1