Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you believe in heaven?

zerox

No, I don't. I used to, but that belief over time has faded, and nothing I've seen or heard has convinced me otherwise. If there is an Afterlife of some kind, which is still a possibility, it's probably not anything like any of the established religions we have.

Anyway, my belief in heaven and an afterlife, and my now lack of a belief have both horrifically screwed me over emotionally in different ways, so it doesn't make much of a difference to me anymore.

Well, I believe real life IS heaven and hell. I mean your pleasures, good times, and positive stimuli are your heaven, and then maybe the downs and suffering around the globe is the hell.

Not sure in the context of death, but, well, a place where the 'good' and 'bad' people go, is, well, kinda, fairy-tail-ish IMO. It's just too pandering to our natural instinct of fearing death, and well, that's amplified by the fact we shove down other people's throat to prove they are correct, to the point of killing other people just 'cause... :maud:

However, in terms of having an 'afterlife' of some sort, one of them seems to make sense to me. That is reincarnation. You know how when organisms die, they break down into the soil, and release all the energy for plants to grow and feed to? Yeah, I think the same thing happens with our conscious selfness.

But, well, objectively, we still really don't know. Amazing how billions of humans have passed on, yet not a single one of us can objectively know what goes beyond. :wacko:

However, let's say the Heaven and Hell thing is true. Well, I am probably gonna be bound for Hell, 'cause, I'm a bad boy. :please: At least, maybe, that means I can be with my rock and heavy metal idols down there, and rock out loud with the little red overlord? :derp: (Except Dave Mustaine, and Nicko McBrain, unfortunately, for specific reasons :maud: )

And if death is just a long sleep, I would probably take that. I sorta like sleeping. :derp:

In the end, I suppose we stop worrying what lies beyond, and do some shit to the human race. If we worry about it too much, I guess we'd ironically get closer to the day, or something.

Alright le'mme end this with a classic song from the Holy Diver and the Princes of Darkness themselves... \m/

Edited by Fillypino Fried

I believe in afterlife, I don't believe in heaven. I believe in Equestria though.  :-P

\_____  ____________________________/

|/

I believe in afterlife in Equestria:love:

Edited by Rikifive

Personally I think there is a heaven of sorts, whether it be another dimension or something else, I think it is probably a place where your ancestors and everyones ancestors hang out and chill. But people there have the option to go back to Earth through reincarnation. 

I view an eternity in a certain place is just unfair. 

Edited by StarlightTrixie
  • Brohoof 1

I do believe in heaven, yes. I don't fully buy many of the classical or contemporary views of what heaven is, but I absolutely believe it is indeed a thing. 

• Brohoof 3

As an atheist, I don't believe into heaven, life after death or other supernatural stuff. We are all only a accumulation of biomass on a small rock planet in the wide universe and when we die, everything is for us over. That is my opinion.

Edited by IronM17

People say life is purposeless unless they believe in heaven.

That'd make heaven even more purposeless as there is literally nothing to do, god has everything handled.

But if a heaven is real its probably just a mirror delayed anti-matter universe that we enter upon our deaths as reincarnation into a different dimension, and it'd be reliving the same exact life, or something. Or we happen to be more valuable data to an alien who created a simplistic simulation of the world which is our universe, and heaven is if they happen to upload us into robots for their world to talk with, which would only happen to the most famous humans, and we would be competing with aliens on other planets in the simulation as well.

I strictly believe only things that are tangible exist, because thats all there is evidence for. And I think things like dark matter may technically yield more life that is unknown to us, either that or its mass which is very different, like not made of darkatoms or something, its just all a piece of unique mass like an eldritch relic. There are possibilities, but to presume those possibilities before hand is the surest way to be incorrect.

In regards to AP and NDEs or OBEs, its not literal, its a psychological effect.

I believe that I want there to be some sort of paradise or heaven and I hope that the requirements aren't too strict, if there even are any.

I'm not going to waste my life preparing for an afterlife that may not even exist though. If this is in fact my one and only life Imma enjoy the fuck out of it.

'No matter how much you deny it,the truth wont change it'-Prof.Yuko's speech in Muv Luv whatever version.

So no matter who's thinking what,whats 'there' stays there.Liking or not.And God wont die because you dont believe in him,because 'he' wasnt created,he's the 'original source',beyond all scientific rubbish.

As for what I'm believing,I'll just say my version of the paradise is based on feeling,logic,infinity but beyond human logic and similar to the biblical version.I'm probably the most radical person when talking about faith,so I'll keep my secrets to me.

I have the feeling that belief in heaven, or any kind of life after death, is a desperate rejection of the concept of one's own personal experience of time coming to an end. To say either that one is certain there is an afterlife, and that one is certain there is not one, is being entirely too adamant, and such views are usually either a wholesale embrace or denial of the beliefs of one's parents (and by extention, their parents, and their parents, etc). My own attitude is "wait and see". I'll try to be a good person and live a life according to what I see as moral rectitude... if that isn't enough for "God" or whoever is running the show, assuming any entity is, then so be it. (And don't bring up Pascal's Wager, because at this point in time, either invoking or refuting it is a waste of time) But I'll not bow down to any God who threatens me with dire punishment if I don't do what He says is right... because that is not a God, that is a bully. 

*shrugs*

It may, it may not. I know that won't make me the best Christian (which I am a Christian), but we won't know unless we see it, which is obvious when we would.

• 2 years later...

I don't really care where my soul would go after I die. I always believed that I would finally get reincarnated as a pegasus after I die, because I always wanted to fly. 

Yes, I am a pegasus, but my wings are broken. I'm stuck down on the ground. I'll never get to find home.

• 4 months later...