Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should people feel guilty for being born Caucasian?

SunriseGlimmer

Should I feel guilty for being born white?

When people see me, they see a heterosexual white male. (In reality, I am white, yes, but I am also non-binary and pansexual. Of course though, you can't physically see the latter two.)

No offense to anyone who is white, but I hate the color of my skin. I feel responsible for all the degradations and genocides my race has caused in the past (and, to a degree, that which still continues to this day). And yet, if I tell anyone that my character defines me, and not my white skin, then I am labelled as a racist. Even this sentence can make me out to be a racist. (And that you cannot be racist towards white people, because they will never understand.)

I did not ask to be born white. I did not ask to be born physically male. But... here I am. :/

Which is why I refuse to find a job. Truthfully, I'd much rather a person of color and/or a female to get said position that I would have otherwise (maybe) acquired. Do not argue with me here - I believe I am doing the right thing here.

Progress.

If this topic is too sensitive, feel free to take it down.

If a person is to be guilty for something that someone else did, who just happens to look like you, then where does it end? If s man of race X robs a bank, is everyone of race X partially to blame? The reality of history is that every "race" is guilty of something we would call aweful today. 

The "progressive" brainwashing has perfectly worked on you. It is a belief that is logically inconsistent. That means you can never win. There will always be something you are doing wrong, right down to the smallest aspect of your life. This is identity politics. There are people who make a lot of money by playing identity politics. 

I believe each person is born innocent and a free, sovereign person. You are not to blame for the actions of someone else. I have an essay on the topic, but I have more to write.

• Brohoof 4

6 minutes ago, BronyNumber42licious said:

If a person is to be guilty for something that someone else did, who just happens to look like you, then where does it end? If s man of race X robs a bank, is everyone of race X partially to blame? The reality of history is that every "race" is guilty of something we would call aweful today. 

The "progressive" brainwashing has perfectly worked on you. It is a belief that is logically inconsistent. That means you can never win. There will always be something you are doing wrong, right down to the smallest aspect of your life. This is identity politics. There are people who make a lot of money by playing identity politics. 

I believe each person is born innocent and a free, sovereign person. You are not to blame for the actions of someone else. I have an essay on the topic, but I have more to write.

A new order is rising. Its victory is at hand.

Edited by SunriseGlimmer

No need to feel guilty! Nobody has to be better than anyone else for the color of their skin. You're wonderful just the way you are. 

White guilt is racism turned upside down. You can flip it over onto its back, but it's still the same thing. 

Best way to fight racism is by loving yourself and seeing people for who they are rather than what they're born as. 

Edited by Total Lunar Eclipse
  • Brohoof 4

24 minutes ago, Vulon Bii said:

I didn't ask to be born with Asperger's Syndrome, but there isn't a damn thing I can do about it, just like skin color.

Like it even really matters that much anyways. I never asked to be the way I am either.

1 hour ago, SunriseGlimmer said:

When people see me, they see a heterosexual white male. (In reality, I am white, yes, but I am also non-binary and pansexual. Of course though, you can't physically see the latter two.)

No offense to anyone who is white, but I hate the color of my skin. I feel responsible for all the degradations and genocides my race has caused in the past (and, to a degree, that which still continues to this day). And yet, if I tell anyone that my character defines me, and not my white skin, then I am labelled as a racist. Even this sentence can make me out to be a racist. (And that you cannot be racist towards white people, because they will never understand.)

I did not ask to be born white. I did not ask to be born physically male. But... here I am. :/

Absolutely not. You shouldn't feel guilty about something you have no control over. That includes your ethnicity as well as the actions of others, alive or dead.

1 hour ago, SunriseGlimmer said:

Which is why I refuse to find a job. Truthfully, I'd much rather a person of color and/or a female to get said position that I would have otherwise (maybe) acquired. Do not argue with me here - I believe I am doing the right thing here.

Progress.

Had me up to here. I cannot disagree more with that line of thinking. If you don't want a job, just say you don't want a job, don't blame it on white guilt. Nor use that as justification as if it's some brave stance or abstaining, which it isn't. That's not progress. Progress is shared commitment to a greater goal, not one party marginalizing itself from the competition.

Edited by Steel Accord
  • Brohoof 4

Your skin color, sex, sexual orientation, faith, politics, nationality, and physical/mental condition have nothing to do with how good or bad you are. Your actions are what count and to be honest, if you want racism ended it needs to be stopped in all its forms, that means when directed toward yourself as well. Tell me how does hating or hurting yourself heal anyone or stop a white supremacist from hurting someone? Heck, they might get the job you could have gotten and use that position to hurt someone, so why not prove that your better than that and instead of belittling yourself because of your skin or what an ancestor might have done work to help anyone of any race and be the better man. No matter where its directed, hate will only breed more hate and in the end that hurts all of human kind as a whole including - but not limited to - black people. If you feel bad about this then fight to end racism in ALL its forms and stop punishing yourself, that will never effect the change you want or that the world needs or don't and maintain the status quo like you are by acting and thinking this way. Its up to you to be a part of the problem or a part of the solution.

53 minutes ago, SunriseGlimmer said:

Progress.

If this topic is too sensitive, feel free to take it down.

Sorry if I sound insensitive by saying this, but this truly, honestly looks to me like it's exactly what someone would post if they wanted to mock liberals by pretending to be one and then completely going over-the-top.  If someone posted this 10 years ago, I probably wouldn't hesitate to believe it was meant to be a joke.  These days, there's a better-than-even chance that it's actually serious, which is concerning.

I mean, when you think about it logically---well, BronyNumber42licious summed it up perfectly.  Blaming you for what Hernan Cortez did to the Aztecs is just as stupid as blaming Nelson Mandela for stuff that Robert Mugabe did, or blaming Confucius for something Mao Zedong did, or blaming Garret Wang (a korean actor, the first korean who popped into my head) for something Kim Jong Un did.  It just doesn't make any sense; each person is responsible for their own actions, not for others' actions, especially when their lives don't even overlap chronologically.

Also, to believe that a person's identity and character aren't defined by the color of their skin is the very definition of not-being-racist.  And yes, it's possible to be racist towards white people, and to think that you can't be racist against white people is simultaneously racist in and of itself and enabling racism.  Reverse-racism, maybe, but reverse-racism is still racism.

So...all-in-all, these lines of thinking, whether it's you thinking them or people around you, just don't make any sense at all.  And it's how little sense it makes that makes your post look to me like it could function as a joke.  Again, I'm sorry if it sounds insensitive for me to say that, but I'm trying to be honest and put it in perspective.

• Brohoof 7

4 minutes ago, Goat-kun said:

Add trans-black to your identity jibber jabber and it'll be K.

LOL!! Okay, that made me giggle. Yeah, OP you can be like that Spokane chapter president of the NAACP that turned out to be a white lady who identifies as black.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rachel_Dolezal

Disclaimer: This poster is being massively sarcastic. Do NOT be like that lady.

Your skin color doesn't define you if you are better of worse it doesn't matter that the only thing that matter in this case is how did you feel yourself you are great with everything you have what do you care about others say about you, the important thing is what you think of yourself not the opinions of the others

11 hours ago, SunriseGlimmer said:

You could blame your parents for not respectively picking a partner of a different skin color since your own existence is their doing, essentially. So then why blame yourself when it's your parents' fault? :icwudt: 
/sarcasm

Come now, do you even know what the word "guilt" means? In this context, it's about the feeling of having done something wrong. What did you do to be born a white heterosexual male? Heck, what did you do to be born at all? Though I have to say that if I wanted to torture someone long after they've left the torture chamber, I would convince them to feel guilty of something they have absolutely no control over. It does raise the question whether or not whoever convinced you had this nefarious plot to make you feel sour for the rest of your life. It does seem to be working.

11 hours ago, SunriseGlimmer said:

When people see me, they see a heterosexual white male.

Implying random people care about your existence any more than you seem to care about your own. Funny. But hey, as long as it convinces you that your existence is more relevant than it actually is. Doesn't that make you feel special even if in a morbid way?

12 hours ago, SunriseGlimmer said:

No offense to anyone who is white, but I hate the color of my skin.

Tell me something. What would you do if a black person came out and proclaimed to hate their skin color? Be honest now.

I feel responsible for all the degradations and genocides my race has caused in the past (and, to a degree, that which still continues to this day).

Let me guess, without that guilt, you'd be empty-handed, wouldn't you? Being all guilty sucks but at least it isn't nihilism. Guilt gives you this illusion of responsibility, this illusion that your life has any meaning whatsoever, making you see yourself as more significant than you actually are. All this talk about being white, pansexual, non-binary... Have you really nothing else going for you?

And yet, if I tell anyone that my character defines me, and not my white skin, then I am labelled as a racist.

The judges for mental gymnastics are in:

587900__safe_screencap_doctor+whooves_ly

People who tell you that don't know what they're talking about. Racism is about judging a person by only their race -- individuality be damned. It won't matter how good a person you are, you'll always be evil because you're white. On the other hand, it also won't matter how malevolent a psychopath you are who cannot refrain from skinning kittens alive to save your life, you'll always be a victim in need of compassion because you're [insert oppressed race here]. Racism cuts both ways, you see.

If I wanted to make you suffer more, all I would need to do is entrench your biases and watch as the avoidable suffering that comes with your warped ideas makes you hate life with ever-increasing intensity. 

• Brohoof 1

Honestly, the best thing you can do with all that guilt is use your white privilege that you were lucky enough to be born with to do some good in the world and stand up for the oppressed. I really think that might change your way of thinking and help you let go of some of that guilt.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

No, no one should feel ashamed for being born, the anti white male thing that is currently happening in society is itself racist and sexist.

The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant, it's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.

Edited by Rainbow Cloud
  • Brohoof 2

People who get upset over another person's skin colour must go mad when they open a bag of Skittles or M&Ms. Nobody should feel bad about what colour they are. What's skin colour to someone with no eyesight? Pretty sure skin colour would be the last thing they judge a person on. If somebody has a problem with me being white. I'll just tell them that they have nothing to fear. Seeing that I'm actually pink.

Edited by Treeglow Flicker
  • Brohoof 4