Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should people feel guilty for being born Caucasian?

SunriseGlimmer

Humanity is a destrimental component upon the living library. A genetic experiment that has outlived its usefulness. They interfere with the delicate balance of the ecosystem, by means of overpopulation and destructive predation.

This particular issue has been answered before, with the periodic eradication of life upon earth.

This planet serves as an storage for genetic samples, living in nature. But the presence of the hybridized species compromises other life forms. Similar to what happened with its previous, more aggressive inhabitants.

Not that humanity, partial and polarized by their limited perception of reality, can begin to understand the good of all. And in such cases, measures to diminish the population are but temporary solutions to a bigger problem, rooted deep within the core of your genetic makeup. Something that can only be answered by erasing a failed experiment.

It doesn't matter what race, politic, culture, gender, the specimen's genotype is far too limited and conflictive in design to develop a unified mind.

In the meantime your genetic creators deliber, without success, about alternative solutions to save their pet project. The cycle is coming to an end.

Things like this is what they want us to think and then say that this is not racism. I mean, accusing me of what some other white guy did 100 or more years ago is totally different than accusing a black guy of what some other black guy did 100 years ago, right?

I really dislike double standards. I can start accusing people of what other people of their race did a few years ago, but I guess I would be called a racist.

• Brohoof 2

It is a collectivist mind set. There are no individuals, only groups. There is a hierarchy, meaning some groups are better than others. Victimhood is how we measure the status. A group with more wrongs done to it has higher status. Since groups exist forever, there is no expiration date on the wrongs. This means you are born into some groups and you are forever guilty. But you can get yourself into other groups and declare yourself a victim too. 

"Sally got a cookie and I didn't! Sally has red hair. Therefore everyone with red hair owes me a cookie!"

Instead of working hard to succeed, people look for excuses as to why things should be handed to them. Your goal is to declare yourself a victim in as many groups as possible. And if you dissgree then you are labeled a racist/biggot/---phobe or whatever is the worst thing at the moment.

This means that we longer have good ideas being spread by virtue of them being good. Instead, bad ideas are spread through intimidation and fear.

• Brohoof 2

Why?

I can't control what anyone's ancestors did, so why should I have anything to do with apologizing for actions I never would have agreed with in the first place?  Besides, ALL RACES have done things that were deplorable and awful; a single color out of the crayon box is no more guilty than any other, honestly.  Mass shaming is mass shaming, regardless of the reasons why.  There IS no such thing as 'reverse racism', because racism is racism - no matter the target.  In fact, the term - if properly considered - would imply that there was harmony, as that would be the literal reverse of the term 'racism', wouldn't it?

How about we stop shaking fingers at each other and demanding consolation for indignities we neither suffered nor caused, and we can just focus on becoming more accepting and kind to EVERYONE?  I honestly believe our time and effort would be FAR better spent that way, instead of driving people apart.  Hating someone for the color of their skin - regardless of what color it may be - is stupid.  It wa stupid back then, it's stupid now, and it'll always BE stupid, in my humble opinion.

I think everyone has the right to have pride in their heritage.  In fact, my last name is Grant - my ancestor was Ulysses S., who was the GENERAL for the Northern side during the Civil War... and I'm proud of that fact.  I'm glad that John Lennon was such a man of peace and love.  I'm glad that Mark Twain was a legendary author.  I'm glad for Creedence Clearwater Revival as a band.  And I have every right to be proud for those things - why not?  It's just as important for me to applaud the better side of my heritage as it is for me to learn about the negative side; each one puts the rest of the world into perspective, and allows me to better appreciate ALL other races and heritages out there, as I should.  Because the best way to beat intolerance is with understanding, and the joy of sharing the best parts of your history should be something that is for ALL races and creeds to enjoy.

We, as human beings, have FAR more things to worry about, and FAR better things we should be focused on than separating each other by something as trivial as the hue of our skin.

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Blivy said:

Only in a farrrrr lefts mind honestly, otherwise race hating ones self is soooo stupid.

Yea, hating a group of people because of their skin color or religion (because of what some people, who belong in that group did) is really awful and makes you a Nazi, unless you hate white people or Christians, in that case it makes you "progressive".

No, you shouldn't feel guilty for being born white. No one should feel guilty for something they have no control over in the first place, such as their ethnicity, country, gender, etc.

• Brohoof 1

Let me get straight to the point.

You were born white, where you at the concentration camps like auschwitz? did you killed any people there during the 2nd Wrold war? where you during the civil war of USA and where a plantation owner? where you part of the inquisition during the dark ages or are you part of the ku klux klan? did you actually killed or despised somebody else because of their skin color, country, race, religion, sexuality, etc and felt that because you are white you are superior in any way?

Should the answer be "Yes" to any AND ALL of these questions, your skin is not the problem here, it's that something in your head is working in the wrong way and you should see a therapist like RIGHT NOW!

Should the answer to any and ALL of these questions is "No" then why the fuck you bother on thinking of things that aren't your fault and you did not commit? you wanna spend your whole life "Correcting" the mistakes that people that looked like you did in the past or at the very least feel guilty for them? why waste your life on such nonsense when you could just live your life on a better way doing what you truly like, without harming yourself and others? if you have some guilt related to the matter that you are white AND because of that you truly hurt somebody, well let me tell you now you better work your ass on making that right in any possible way. If you haven't hurt somebody you have no right to feel guilty on anything. Whether you are black or white, or any color skin you might wanna add, we all bleed the same and we all die. So don't make yourself any pointless questions like these. No offense intended, just my way to see it

ew, the OP is absolutely batshit crazy if this was a legitimate post. If you hate yourself for something you can't control, or even influence for that matter, you've got some serious problems.

But on a more serious note, no. Nobody should feel guilty for being born anything. I was born a white male and there's no guilt to be had for that simple fact. I've changed a lot since I was born but that's another thing entirely.

• Brohoof 2

Ok you have got to stop listening to cnn and media all together.... 

whites SHOULD never be ashamed for being white just all cause there a few bad doesn’t make us all bad... it’s the same with any skin color/race/religion etc etc.... 

please please please go look at how much hate white men get now a days over anybody else too cause it’s a lot

Edited by Starlighty

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

To be fair every possible race has done evil to humanity, which is why it has nothing to do with race really. 

Most Americans think of slavery willfully forgetting that slavery had nothing to do with race to begin with. Slavery is wrong no matter who does it yet pretending like whites only did it is simply ignoring the facts. It was all around the world done by every possible race, ethnicity and nation. Europe had slavery, Africa had slavery, Asia had slavery and of course America only while everyone else stopped caring about it America continued to do so due to racial segregation. 

The fact I grow a red beard and know the celtic blood disease means that some of my ancestors were in fact slaves more then likely they were tortured beyond imagination and other horrible things were done to them yet I have pride in both of my ancestors the mighty vikings and the mighty celts both strong warrior tribes. 

Edited by Fluttershyfan94

On 2/15/2018 at 8:06 PM, SunriseGlimmer said:

No offense to anyone who is white, but I hate the color of my skin. I feel responsible for all the degradations and genocides my race has caused in the past (and, to a degree, that which still continues to this day). And yet, if I tell anyone that my character defines me, and not my white skin, then I am labelled as a racist. Even this sentence can make me out to be a racist. (And that you cannot be racist towards white people, because they will never understand.)

Genocide? Perhaps the Mongols would like a word here.

I think this sentiment is a minority one among the general population, but it seems more prevalent if we speak of the intelligentsia. Why else do you have government policies such as affirmative action and "anti-discrimination" laws in place? It strikes me that the European fear of being called racist or the self-hatred of the European is a weakspot that can be exploited by non-European racial nationalists (such individuals may claim to be "Anti-Racists" while they insist the group they claim to represent to be more racist). It is not a desire for justice but rather a desire for revenge. Those who hate themselves because of their race strike me as being very pathetic and appear as weak prey.

One example of a very proud European achievement (though specifically starting with the British) is that the Europeans ended slavery, an institution that has existed since before written history, while non-European civilizations only reluctantly abolished it under threat of European military power. That is to say, we would not even be complaining about slavery if it were not for ideas that came from Europe; we would today consider it a mundane aspect of life. As well, the notion of equality before the law superceded caste systems that were commonplace around the world. But I suppose for the sake of not appearing racist by the standards of these racial nationalists, it is worth dismantling the very civilization that allowed these very people to live in relative comfort and freedom compared to the majority of history.

The notion of "White privilege" basically an attempt to undermine European achievement that has been earned through hard word by those individuals from races that have not performed as well to the same extent. There are stories of people of numerous races where they have been in destitute conditions for as long as people could remember and contemporaries lamenting how people of those groups may be in that condition permanently; but with the right opportunity, these groups have advanced with each passing generation -- albeit with challenges to be sure -- to the point where people today take their high standard of living is taken for granted. In other words, how did groups in unfortunate circumstances improve their condition? They worked hard. What of these resentful racial nationalists who insist that the Europeans are evil? They rather complain than work hard.

Everyone is responsible for their own deeds and actions.

Not for the actions of their ancestors. 
Most, if not every culture on earth will have some negative parts in the past. That does not define who we are.

We, as a humanity have done many terrible things.
Yet, we also prove that we can do good things.

The best thing you can do as an individual is be a good person, hate is not a solution. This includes hating yourself.

That is how I see it.