Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Films you dislike most people like.

Member Berry

(edited)

What are they? I've never been a big fan of the Muppets. The Muppets Christmas Carol I never quite got, it's just somebody must have thought "I know what this film needs, muppets!" :| Why? 

I also couldn't stand Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland. Why was there a war? Why was there a stupid prophesy thing going on? Why was it called "Underland"? Wonderland couldn't organise all that shit, they can't organise a tea party properly. Alice was also dull as dishwater.

Edited by Kayleigh
  • Brohoof 4

(edited)

Citizen Kane is one of the most boring films I've ever seen in my life

EDIT: Shoulda inb4'd Frozen Circlejerk

Edited by Megas

Citizen Kane is one of the most boring films I've ever seen in my life

That's one of the many classic films I've never seen. I only watched the Godfather for the first time a couple of days ago, I quite liked that.

(edited)

The Conjuring was supposeably scary to everyone and a good movie but I thought it kinda sucked.

Not a big fan of Finding Nemo or Lilo and Stich anymore.

Hmmmm......

I'm sure I can think of more but those are the only one's that come to mind.

Oh yeah, Lion King.

I'm pretty sure everyone many people enjoyed Paranormal Activity movies but I thought they sucked too.

Edited by Misscellanio

frozen is the most obvious answer

the movie was actual garbage, i knew by the trailer it wouldn't be anything particularly special, i just don't know why the hell it got so popular

brave was far better than frozen and it didn't get nearly as much attention, the lego movie blew frozen out of the fucking water but frozen was still more popular, why the fuck?

• Brohoof 2

I don't dislike the first Iron Man movie, but I can't say that I enjoy it as much as other people do.

It's not even one of my favorites of the MCU.

I am even willing to say that Iron Man 2 and Iron Man 3 have considerably better action sequences, and that I like the third one the most.

Yeah, I agree with you and Doug Walker, I didn't quite like Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland. The characters are nothing like how they were represented in previous versions, it was a sequel to the original when it shouldn't have been, the whole war element shouldn't have been there since they could've won the whole thing with growth cake, the "Alice, this whole time, was Alice" made no sense, the Mad Hatter break dancing at the end was uuuhhhggg! and calling Wonderland "Underland" was Huh? Let's hope Alice Through the Looking Glass will the tiniest bit more closer to that book than this movie.

Also, I didn't really enjoy Friendship Games as much as other bronies. I dunno, I just feel as if it wasn't as good as Rainbow Rocks. It wasn't bad, it just didn't feel as good as the previous film.

• Brohoof 3

Independence Day is such a Garbage Movie. It was like one of the biggest summer blockbusters of the 90s, eventhough it was filled with bland characters, lots of special effects (which look very outdated today) and american patriotism, that i totally despise. The only good thing about it, was Will Smith, because Will Smith is Will Smith.

Lion King.

Oh no you didn't. O_o

jk

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Yeah, I agree with you and Doug Walker, I didn't quite like Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland. The characters are nothing like how they were represented in previous versions, it was a sequel to the original when it shouldn't have been, the whole war element shouldn't have been there since they could've won the whole thing with growth cake, the "Alice, this whole time, was Alice" made no sense, the Mad Hatter break dancing at the end was uuuhhhggg! and calling Wonderland "Underland" was Huh? Let's hope Alice Through the Looking Glass will the tiniest bit more closer to that book than this movie.

Also, I didn't really enjoy Friendship Games as much as other bronies. I dunno, I just feel as if it wasn't as good as Rainbow Rocks. It wasn't bad, it just didn't feel as good as the previous film.

It was really bad. What annoys me the most is that it was Tim Burton, it could have been awesome. It could have worked as a sequel if there was more effort put into it. It was really boring too, I wasn't invested at all. I remember nearly falling asleep in the cinema watching it. I suppose it looked pretty :/ but that's all I can say for it. I'm hoping the Looking Glass will be better too but I doubt it :/

I quite liked Frozen :P I think Tangled is better but I still liked it.

Edited by Kayleigh

I thought more people hated it than liked it, but I also agree on Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland. 

And another controversial addition to my list: Ratatouille. It's as visually stunning as any Pixar film, but I didn't find the story or characters the least bit engaging. I will give it credit for its ending though, which has one of the best movie monologues I've ever heard. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

One of the "greatest comedies ever made", Airplane! I've been positively burned at the stake for this, but while the film may have been funny and groundbreaking at the time I find it overly silly and painfully dated, this even having seen many of the movies that it parodied. It's probably fallen to the Seinfeld is Unfunny syndrome for me considering how used most of its stuff is now. This is one of those movies for which you have to have a full understanding of the cultural backdrop against which it came out to fully understand it. I find Spaceballs to be a much better and funnier example of parody, and the fact that much of its subject matter is still relevant today may factor into that.

In addition, I'd list It's a Wonderful Life as well, rather the first 100 or so minutes of it. The most famous and often referenced scenes only happen in the climax which takes only the last 20-40 minutes of the film, which I find pretty deserving of its iconic status. Having watched it in full, I found that the rest of the film runs at a glacial pace setting up the characters and the plot and revels in the cheesy sentiment synonymous with Christmas films throughout. Though I'm far from a heartless, brooding nihilist, I guess I might be a bit more cynical and jaded than those who appreciate the whole of this film. I just wish there was a Mickey's Christmas Carol-style retelling of the story that fit it into a shorter and more accessible format, but there are so many half-hearted retellings and straight-up parodies of It's a Wonderful Life that it's an incredible needle-in-a-haystack game to find one that does it right. The copyright saga regarding this story doesn't help matters either.

Edited by Wind Chaser

I'd probably say I agreed with Nostalgia Critic about Space Jam. From what I've seen of it, I personally found it to be more of a sellout movie than anything, with the plot being pretty dumb, the humor being rather poor and overall just being one of the worst Looney Tunes.. things out there.

• Brohoof 1

High School Musical: I'm putting it here because it seems to be the "OMG nostalgia" thing at the moment, at least with people my age. As someone in high school, it's not that bouncy and happy all the time. Also it's full of bland songs and bland characters. 

For some reason, I couldn't get into Farris Bueller's Day Off. I want to like this movie, it's got a concept that sounds engaging. But I couldn't even make it through the whole movie because I found it boring.

I would say The Lorax based on how annoyed I am at it's popularity but I haven't actually seen the film outside of Nostalgia Critic's review of it,

• Brohoof 2

I wasn't very fond of Wall-E. Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland was bad too, the characters were bland versions of themselves, and Specialy Alice, the actress obviously had no idea how to act with a green screen in front of her. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was dumb as well, nor I liked the first Night at the Museum (I've skipped the second, but I was forced to watch the third. Thankfully, that one was kinda decent)

I could blast this whole thread by listing practically every "comedy" produced in the last ten years. My idea of comedy seems to be way behind the times. My favorite comedy is "Bringing Up Baby" from 1938.

I'll just use "The Hangover" as my hated movie everyone else seems to have liked. What is funny about a group of supposed men getting so black-out drunk that they don't know what they did? One of them, from the clips I've seen, even abducted a baby, with no idea who the parents are, or where he got it. CSI Miami actually did a much better treatment of the scenario. It turned out that the drunken @sses actually murdered someone, but didn't remember due to their black-out drunken state.

I'll drop one more example. "Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising". I would, quite literally, rather spend two hours staring at a toilet than watch this movie. Yes, I saw the first one. That's why you couldn't pay me to see the second.

• Brohoof 2

Disney's The Little Mermaid. The only things this film got were the incredible animation, great songs, and Ursula, but a terrible story. The good guys are one-dimensional, and the "love story" is a rushed mess. It's one of the worst Disney films I ever watched.

• Brohoof 3

I found the first Star Wars movie to be incredibly boring.

*GASP!* Blasphemy!!!

The Wizard of Oz and E.T. they both creep me out.

S-s-star wars...  please don't hurt me.

*crying on the inside* 

I'm wearing my Star Wars shirt right now. lol. 

• Brohoof 2