Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general How was your 2019?

Lucky Bolt

2020 is upon us! So, how was your 2019? For me, this past year was definitely one to remember, and so life-changing. I got a truck, graduated high school, got two jobs, and started college. I basically have become a grown up just within the past year. 

• Brohoof 5

Nothing really much happened until the second half of the year, when I started my course on animal studies and made more appropriate life choices. Overall, it wasn't as amazing as 2018, but there was still a lot to like in 2019.

• Brohoof 1

This year had been the most chaotic in my country. However, it had some of my shining moments. My best highlight was graduating at my university after facing plenty of barriers in my final year. It was a cherished moment I will never forget.

• Brohoof 3

It was rough for me, as I've been having problems trying to get a job and trying to go back to college. On top of that, I've also been having problems with depression and anxiety. Things have gotten better for me the past few months, but they still have been rough. 

Edited by FestiveEnergy
  • Brohoof 1

For me personally it's definitely the most "just there" year I've ever experienced

That said, I also attended my first convention with LA Comic Con, which was one of the most fun experiences I've ever had

• Brohoof 2

My 2019 was absolute garbage. Good lord, I could rant and rave how much I've despised this year, but I won't. Instead I'll say that I'm celebrating the fact that this pile of trash is finally coming to an end. Screw 2019.

• Brohoof 2

Meh. It was good for a while, things were looking up for me and I thought I was finally starting to make some friends and break out of my shell a bit, but in the end nothing changed at all, and now I'm right back where I started.

• Brohoof 1

It's been a rough year. There was a major upside of finally coming back out to some of my family (including my parents) and getting more acceptance. But otherwise it has not been a good year. I've been on leave most of the year, making things really bad financially. Finally I decided to get surgery, but so far I don't feel any better. I hope I'm wrong, I hope it does get better. But I'm just so tired of living like this.

On top of that, we lost a beloved dog in early September. I had known him since they day he was born. =(

Just a very rough year... I need things to get better.

• Brohoof 1

This year was a year of learning for me, a year of making lots of new experiences.

I was a lone wolf person my whole life. From kindergarten up to the first work place, it was a chain of meeting the wrong people. It made me literally ill and I thought it would be the best to avoid humans altogether, I thought this is the only way to be happy. But I felt lonely nonetheless. Because of this, I wanted a change. Finding the courage and joining some online communities. It led to other struggles and a lot of negativity and hate. But I was able to meet a few people who later became my friends. Thanks to them I learned so much. And since then I was sure that friendship and strong bonds do really exist and aren't just a dream or wishful thinking. It just takes time to find them. Staying alone all the time leads to nothing of course. It is really important to have others, to have friends. They give us new wisdom, new perspectives. We become better people thanks to them. And since I made those experiences, being alone feels empty. I never want to be alone again.

I think 2020 will become another great year with new experiences. I want to go a step further, being more active, finding more friends, trying out new stuff in real life and finally start to fight against my illness more seriously, since I have reasons now...and the strength. I'm just happy that I have a goal in mind and there is so much to enjoy along the way. :)

• Brohoof 3

1 minute ago, Cocokoru said:

This year was a year of learning for me, a year of making lots of new experiences.

I was a lone wolf person my whole life. From kindergarten up to the first work place, it was a chain of meeting the wrong people. It made me literally ill and I thought it would be the best to avoid humans altogether, I thought this is the only way to be happy. But I felt lonely nonetheless. Because of this, I wanted a change. Finding the courage and joining some online communities. It led to other struggles and a lot of negativity and hate. But I was able to meet a few people who later became my friends. Thanks to them I learned so much. And since then I was sure that friendship and strong bonds do really exist and aren't just a dream or wishful thinking. It just takes time to find them. Staying alone all the time leads to nothing of course. It is really important to have others, to have friends. They give us new wisdom, new perspectives. We become better people thanks to them. And since I made those experiences, being alone feels empty. I never want to be alone again.

I think 2020 will become another great year with new experiences. I want to go a step further, being more active, finding more friends, trying out new stuff in real life and finally start to fight against my illness more seriously, since I have reasons now...and the strength. I'm just happy that I have a goal in mind and there is so much to enjoy along the way. :)

I'm sure you will accomplish what you want @Cocokoru. You seem determined!;)

• Brohoof 2

It's been a struggle for me to be honest. Broken friendships were becoming much more often this year. Made me much less willing to stay on the site. Can't say I'm a fan of a significant number of people who play fps games who are pretty arrogant. However these last few days have made up for it.  I've learned that my grades are back up for college and that my art is becoming a little better.

An upside for this year has just been me sticking close to family, this past decade a lot of my family have spread out and away from this area due to either enlistment or just choosing to move themselves. However, this year has seemed to kill that trend. So, just having my close family there to lean back on has felt really weird considering I used to be so active here. As time went on and people went away, I look back not only at this year, but this decade in regret.

Edited by CinnamonPop
  • Brohoof 1

It was much better than 2018 that's for sure. My 2018 was very rough, my 2019, though... I'd say could have been worse if this wasn't the year I met my boyfriend. :wub:

But yeah I'd say 2019 has been my best year in a good few. I've finally gotten the courage to stop playing Paladins (which means not dealing with that toxic community anymore), I've finally gotten the opportunity to make something happen with my tabletop game and am finally confident it will indeed release (next year), and of course I met him. I'm also getting a brand new gaming PC today (well, the parts so it can be put together), so that's really got to be something. :D Also I don't have to worry about people not being accepting of my sexuality anymore. Maybe one day I can say the same for my gender identity. Then there's all the  great experiences I've had this year, particularly film-wise. I finally got to watch the first two Terminator films (and they're both just as excellent as people say), I finally got to peruse the filmography of the likes of Martin Scorsese and the Cohen Brothers (both rarely miss a beat when it comes to making great cinema. Though the former's had a miss or two, like Bringing out the Dead). They are all astonishing directors that deserve most of the credit film buffs give them. I also got to see the AMAZING pilot for Hazbin Hotel and got to get hyped for the likes of Borderlands 3, the Outer Worlds, and Cyberpunk 2077 (that's coming out next year). I also started speedrunning this year and may expand my repertoire further when I get my new PC. May even speedrun Borderlands games.

But it's not like this year has been actually a great year in every respect, because it hasn't. I've had my fair share of panic attacks, my fair share of episodes of rage, and I'm still only emotionally held up by the metaphorical equivalent of chewing gum and Scotch tape. Over at that house in S_____, things have gotten dramatically worse as always (and most of the time I spend there, I'm suffering), and my dad's health is getting so bad he could probably die at any moment. Also, toxicity on the internet only keeps getting worse with time it seems. (#StoptheTox)

Overall, probably my best year since 2014. Seriously though every year since 2016 has sucked massively for me until now... I was honestly considering committing suicide this year because of just how bad things were getting. If I had to say, this year was going to be a 0/10 because in an alternate reality where nothing changed from 2018, I bet my @$$ I'd be dead right now, but this has been an 8/10 year for me. Really want to see what 2020 has in store for me.

Edited by Dustleeshus
  • Brohoof 1

It wasn’t that bad for me. I’m now in a relationship, I’m surrounded by caring, decidedly not toxic people, there were no major incidents this year, and I got to go to BronyCon. I’m really lucky.

I hope 2020 will be better for everyone who had a bad year. 

• Brohoof 2

I will be brutally honest:

It started out exceedingly well. From January to early April, I was making quite a bit of personal progress in regards to diet, posture, habits, and attitude overall. If I were to tell you how I believed 2019 would go back then, I likely would have told you that the future looked brighter than ever. Then Mid-April happened, and while I do hate to be profane, there is no other way to phrase it: it went to absolute shit. The precise reasoning for why will remain private, but in short, it truthfully made me question if I could ever be truly happy with myself, or if I was destined to lead an unfulfilling and disappointing life. Nevertheless, I tend to dislike pity parties, so I suppose the best I can do is try again in 2020, especially since it will be the year I finally become an adult. It is just a shame that the first 18 years of my life have proven to be little more than a waste of time.

Overall, I would truthfully say that 2019 is among the worst years I have experienced thus far. Perhaps not the absolute worst, but there is precisely nothing I will remember fondly about this year. Needless to say, I am eager to put this chapter of my life behind me.

• Brohoof 1

it was better than last year, that's for sure :) Here are some of my highlights: 

- Had a nice birthday party with my cousin. We went to a fancy thai / chinese restaurant 

- Had a nice birthday party with my mum. We went to an exotic (...and expensive) Italian restaurant 

- Had an AWESOME birthday party at the Paramatta Eels Club

- My favourite driver won the Bathurst 1000 AND the championship (not only that, the success of the Mustang has butchered the Commodore.)

- My dad bought me a Nintendo Switch Lite (with a 2-year warranty) and he bought me a copy of Super Smash Bros Ultimate

- Went to the movies with my mum to see The Rise of Skywalker (it was…alright. The main thing is, I got to spend some quality time with my mum :3 not only that, we’re getting along with each-other ^^ also, she got me a MASSIVE bowl of fried rice that was enough to feed two people XD THAT was awfully generous :D)

- My Christmas could’ve been better, but hey…at least I unlocked ALL the characters in Super Smash Bros Ultimate and I got to play some smash with my cousins :mlp_icwudt:

Overall, it's been a really good year for me and it's gonna be hard to top 2019, that's for sure :3 Well, I’m looking forward to watching the Sonic Movie and Godzilla VS King Kong in 2020. ^^ :catface:

• Brohoof 1

It's pretty much a year that I'm looking forward to seeing the back of. There were some good points, but the entire year was mostly fought in the shadow of the aftermath my mother's death who had died back in 2018. I pretty much inherited a lot of responsibility and problems that I never asked for. It also demonstrated a lot of truths about myself and others that I have known. Too many things to list. But fortunately, I managed to deal with everything and am now in a strong position to tackle what I need to in the new year.

• Brohoof 5

I could say It has been crappy, Lost my last RP partner because I was too boring for her and well...I realized that I no longer have any of worth to share as content creator for MLP.

• Brohoof 1

My 2019 was very up and down. Definitely not one of my best years, but also not one of my worst. I can happily say though that I am very excited for the new year, and I really hope it goes better than this one did!

• Brohoof 1

Busy and life altering!

• Car croaked
  • Got best car I’ve ever owned to replace it
  • (Awkwardly) Reunited with family that I’d been estranged from for 10 years
  • Got like NO art done and it’s annoying the fudge out of me!
  • Learned what my blood type is, A Positive (not huge, but I’ve been curious since I was a kid)

But most importantly, I’ve got the best job I’ve EVER had in my life. I have the work hours of a vampire now, but I’m the least stressed and best paid I’ve EVER been. I hope I can be here forever.

• Brohoof 3