Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you ever call somebody by their Last name?

Invincible

Yes, it's an usual thing here. In my case, nobody calls me by my first name, because it's really common.

Btw being spanish so you can have more than 8 surnames :ph34r:

• Brohoof 2

nope,only the teachers in my school call me by my last name,because they cannot pronounce my first name right so they call me "Garcia" a lot *facepalm*

it's not even hard to pronounce O-C-L!!!!!

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I used to do it on a daily basis while I was in the military, but now that I've been out not so much. Only if someone asks me to. Or if I am using Mr. Mrs. before hand. 

On the flip side of feeling bad about accidentally calling someone by their last name,

“Remember that a person's name is to that person the sweetest and most important sound in any language”

- Dale Carnegie

Of course, not always applicable, but still.

• 1 year later...

All human being are equal, so it's more like. "Hey, jerk!" Some guy turns, "Who, me?" "No, the other one!"

For real, though. I don't like objectifying things in order to understand them. The resultant understanding is partial and ignorant of its whole. Which often leads to added qualities that are often projections of oneself onto others.

Kinda like my name. Some people say I'm loyal, because that's what they need to see in me, an added identity I've been given so they can understand themselves. Such is the nature of names, which can result in conditional factors.

My understanding of reality is wider than rationality, and so is my interaction with it.

In school my year alone had something like 11 kids whose names were Lachaln, to avoid confusion everyone including the teachers would just use their last names.

(edited)

Calling others with their last name can sometimes be considered offensive. Like in my school. Some of my friends like to mock/taunt others with their last name because some of their last name are their parent's name.

^_^ good ol' days

As for me, no, I don't do that often.

Edited by Kevin Tang