Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you look for in a Girl/Boy Friend <3

Speedy Transition

There isn't really anything that I look for in a guy or girl because I don't really prefer any type of person nor do I hate any type of person unless they're a jerk or douche.

If anything it would be modesty, honesty, kindness and someone not too clingy. Love goes pretty far but giving each other space is very important.

Other than that I guess similar interests are pretty awesome but not really that necessary for a good relationship, as long as opposing opinions don't get out of hand. I love doing activities together with people because whether I like the activity or not, doing them with someone I like makes it so much better up to the point that it becomes fun.

As for build, just being healthy is more than enough and even that's something I don't really care about. Don't need to have an athletic body or anything, just taking care of your body is good enough.

Humor, optimism and enthusiasm are good qualities as well.

And of course, most important of all, showing interest in one another and caring about each other, else the relationship feels fake and bland.

• 2 months later...

Someone that well love me for who I'm, Someone that wont hurt me like all the others. But its funny I don't need to look anymore. I found him and I'm going to try like hell to keep him...

but If I cant make him happy... then I guess I'll lose him.

A sense of humour is my number one thing, above all else. I love to laugh and make other people laugh too. Someone laid-back and funny is pretty much my type of guy.

But by funny, I don't mean 'Let's make a fat joke about that chubby kid' or randomly yelling out 'Banana!' I mean genuine humour, which is annoyingly difficult to find in a bunch of eighth graders. -.-

I'd like someone with similar interests as well, like the arts and drama. Maybe someone who likes Community, Breaking Bad, or Seinfeld.

And I wouldn't want a popular guy. They suck. d:

As for looks, it depends. It'd be great if he was cute and all those other things I mentioned, but I wouldn't mind an average looking guy, as long as he's funny.

And that, my friends, is the guy I'm never gonna get. :P

I always wanted someone to boss me around. One of my fantasies is being someone's slave. But I guess I would want someone to share special moments with just by appreciating the atmosphere, someone who wouldn't over-think everything I say because I'm a guy and I don't fully think about what I say :P

In a girl or guy, I look for the following:

• Kind/Caring
  • Funny
  • Similar Interests
  • Doesn't judge me/Accepting of me or tolerant of my interests.
  • Non-Religious/Atheist 
  • Hard To Offend
  • Won't cheat on me and trusts me completely
  • Enjoys cuddling.....don't judge me.

and probably some other things here and there.

Honesty. 

Pretty much all I need is honesty. If they can trust me, and I can trust them, everything should go fine. Intelligence is a bonus.

My stance when it comes to romance is basically: I won't go looking for it, but if and when it comes, I'll be open to it.

As a super-nerd, I'm VERY hard to impress; I've never had a crush in my entire 17-year life, ever. I really don't know what I want in a girl, so I'll just let things happen. If I don't get a girlfriend, fine. If I do, wonderful!

But I guess what would be a HUGE bonus is if she will converse with me about absolutely anything with an open-mind. Any topic, from the most benign as video games and music, to the most 'nerdy' like tech and science, and even to the most sensitive topics like politics and religion. I just really want someone like that; I'm too afraid to talk to my family about religion (I'm an atheist in a predominantly Catholic country), I'm too shy to talk to my friends about MLP, and who the heck wants to listen about my philosophical and/or artsy ramblings?

• Looks
  • Mature
  • Doesn't clingy a lot
  • Caring
  • Nice personality 
  • respectful
  • trust

The only thing I really look in for in a girl. But the most important would be trust.

Edited by Fragilistic

I look for my idea of perfection when I look for a guy (not going to lie),

• Needs to be attractive TO ME, I don't expect him to be a 10/10 would bang in everyones books.
  • Pure honesty, even if he knows it will hurt me.
  • Some intelligence, I'm not expecting Einstein though.
  • Treats me like a friend, I need to be able to have a laugh with him and even be able to jokingly insult each other.
  • Not constantly lovey-dovey and sweet. A few compliments are nice but I can't be dealing with them all the time.
  • I'm not too fussed about his religion but if you try to convert me, you gon' get cut. Also, needs to be open to a church wedding. (Just saying :3)
  • I really don't want a guy with exactly the same interests as me from the start or else it's boring. I'd like to open him up to new experiences and I'd like to hope he'd do the same for me. A few common interests are good though :3

• Doesn't mind me constantly listening to one sing on repeat xD
Edited by Ella_Ess

Hmmm... tough question for me, considering that I have hardly even been in love in my whole 18 year life. But I'll try.

I'd love my boyfriend to be:

• At least, average looking
  • Intelligent
  • Caring
  • Sharing at least some of my hobbies
  • A brony :P(I know this is probably not gonna happen, but I can dream, right?)
  • Loving me for me
  • Not overcritical
  • Immature, but not too much, being able to be mature when it's needed
  • Selfless
  • Honest, towards me and towards other people
  • Loving animals
  • Vegetarian (okay, this is only a pro that could be added, not a requirement)
  • Hard-working
  • ...blah, blah...

I get why I have no boyfriend XD

• Brohoof 1

And that, my friends, is the guy I'm never gonna get. tongue.png

There is no reason to sell yourself short, there are plenty of guys like that and some of them might be interesting in you.

I always wanted someone to boss me around. One of my fantasies is being someone's slave. But I guess I would want someone to share special moments with just by appreciating the atmosphere, someone who wouldn't over-think everything I say because I'm a guy and I don't fully think about what I say tongue.png

Sounds like something that would probably be a lot of fun in the bedroom (except I would probably take turns with my partner), but I am way too stubborn and opinionated for that to work in any other aspect of a relationship I would be in. I do as I have said before like women who are strong and confident, most importantly ones that are enough to be themselves I like people who are real and genuine.

• Brohoof 2

I dunno, never had a GF before, I'm not the type of liking to be in a meaningless relationship, but if I would be looking for a GF, I would like her to be:

-Not to follow the dumb stereotypes 

-Someone rational, not one who acts only on emotions, I had enough dealing with my mom like that

-Good principles and morals

-Someone who looks for more than sex only

-Good and acceptable family

-Intelligent

-I'm not asking for a hot or model looking appearance, but someone who keeps herself won't hurt 

I'd love my girlfriend to be.

• At least average looking (looks don't matter that much though)
  • Kind and caring
  • Shares a few common interests with me (Preferably being a brony)
  • Intelligent
  • Loyal
  • Likes to cuddle :3

•  Will try stuff that I like, as well as teach me about the things they like.
  • Loves me for me, and loves themselves for who they are.
  • Who is compassionate and will always be there for me no matter what.
  • Wants to let things advance naturally (No "We'll do this at this time.")
  • Respects my friends and my family.
  • Knows when to joke around and when to be serious.

That's really all I can ask for in a person. 

Edited by Star Streak

I'd want a girl who likes me for me. Someone who understands me and would stay by my side no matter what. A person who enjoys my personality. I know I am stating impossible goals, but a man can dream...

Hmm... 

• Funny
  • Is okay with whatever humor I feel like using
  • Smart
  • Interesting to talk to
  • Isn't mean
  • Doesn't get angry often

And then like a million other qualities that would eliminate the entire population of Earth.

Well, the physical attraction has to be there, obviously. I wouldn't date someone I thought was just plain unattractive. But that doesn't mean that the person I chase has to be the most attractive person on earth either. I like the person I can talk to, the person that laughs with me, the person who has more intelligence than a sack of potatoes. 

You'd be surprised how many people are out there who are about as smart as a sack of potatoes.

Oh god, the more I think about it, the more absurd qualifications I come up with...  I suppose that they're not all necessary, but they all play a factor.

-at least average looks (I'm not proud of it, but this sort of matters to me more than I care to admit...  To be fair though, I actually find average looks rather attractive (exceptionally good looks are often intimidating and they almost always end up being the supervillains))

-honest

-prompt (being late drives me insane)

-someone I'm comfortable being around (you'd think that that's a given, but it's a pretty rare trait in my case)

-likes cats

-is aware that there is a time and place for both maturity and immaturity

-is open-minded (if nothing else, this is an absolute must)

-able to make decisions (I'm typically the guy who has little to no opinions, so if this isn't true, then we'll end up awkwardly doing nothing)

-someone that I can trust completely (this is not a necessary factor, but many of the above could be ignored if this were true, seeing as I can't think of anyone who really fits this)

On top of all this (and you thought that the above list was digging my grave!), I'm the person who's far too shy to speak to other people, never mind admit that I have feelings for them, so they would likely have to approach me first.  And I've never known myself to be an approachable person...

Wow, I'm awful at this.  No wonder I've always been single.

I'm sure everyone of us has a long list of things we want in our future spouse. Many of these desires and wishes can easily be compromised because loving your spouse will involve making sure the other gender feels loved by you. However, there are many other traits that I simply cannot go without in my future wife, which I list down here:

• Has a solid Christian faith
  • Must have at least some appreciation for classical music
  • Must appreciate my career choice (doctor/biochemistry researcher)
  • Must be a girl I want to listen when they talk about their lives. Not being outspoken and long-winded would be a start.
  • Must be able to speak their minds when they have an issue about something. I'm willing to work together to solve problems together, because that's a key part in marriage.
  • Ok, I think this applies to everyone, but they must look healthy.

I think that's most of the essentials. Having similar likes as I do would certainly enhance the relationship, but being different won't destroy my interest in them.

That person should be somewhat...different in my opinion. I would not want someone who is "lame" honestly. My special somepony should be somewhat...rebellious, extraordinary and definetely have some very vast opinions on the world and everything around it.

You might want to say, my girl/boyfriend should be a philosoph somehow. lol

(PS: It shouldn't be someone who is hiding his/her face behind tons of make-up though, it looks horrible IMO)

This has been getting to me for a while.</p>
I've never had a girlfriend before, and getting one now, I wouldn't know what to do with her. Either way, I might be a little to specific on the kind of girl I want. I'll just give a brief description, and y'all just call me stupid.

I want a girl about my age (17), with long hair, tan skin, glasses, and preferably Hispanic
I want a girl who is a Pegasister and loves Pinkie Pie as much as I do
I want a girl who listens to all kinds of EDM, especially Crossbreed and Neurofunk
(Wow, that sounded like a lot more in my head)

I know I'm weird, but this is the place to be weird, right? We're all good friends here, right?

PS. Do girls that listen to Crossbreed even exist? It's probably a sexist question, but I'm serious

Edit:</p>
I'm leaving all that up there just in case</p>

I did not mean for all that to sound like the way that it did. All I meant was that I want to get to know a girl I have something in common with. My life is music. All I want is to meet a girl who knows what I mean. This statement supersedes any above claims.It doesn't even have to be a girl friend. And she don't need to like the show, I didn't really mean it when I said it.

Final Note:

I do not know why I posted this entire thing.. now that I think about it. All I really meant to say was "Are there any females out there that listen to Crossbreed?" Then up there happened.. woops

Edited by Crimson