Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Feminine/masculine things you like even though you're a boy/girl

TailsIsNotAlone

It's the 21st century--we can talk about this, amirite? ;) Tell us some interests you have that are typically associated with the opposite sex.

For example, I'm a guy, but apart from loving My Little Pony, I enjoy a few other kiddy/girly shows like Cardcaptor Sakura and Strawberry Marshmallow. I like scented candles and I keep the toilet seat down (as well as the lid when I'm not using it). Then there are the daydreams about being a girl and stuff like that, but I'll spare you the details.

:blush:

• Brohoof 16

I like My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

I like shopping.

While not to the same extent as most girls or even some guys, I do care a fair bit how my hair looks before I go out.

My favourite song from Disney's Hercules is I Won't Say I'm in Love.

Speaking of which, I love musicals.

• Brohoof 3

I think that feminism and masculinity are nothing more than oppressive social constructs.

I like video games, bodybuilding, mlp, pink clothing and I might take ballet classes in the future.I keep having ideas for men's clothing that is radical and might be considered feminine but I haven't been able to materialize them due to lack of experience in drawing out the bluepritnt or w/e you call them, it would probably even be better if I learned how to render it in full 3d so I can get a tailor to make it.

Edited by khaine21x3
  • Brohoof 8

Well... I use eye makeup. Does that count?

Also, besides watching every MLP season and generation(from G1 to G4) I watched other... Err... shoujo... Heh. I am not afraid of saying it.

Moving on, I like to shop alot too...

Edited by Devious Detonation

Besides MLP I also like watching Powerpuff girls.

Oh, and I really love small animals like hamsters, rabbits, guinea pigs etc. They're soooo cute :wub:

I think that's all. I don't really like girly things.

Well I like and make songs about pastel-colored horses, so I'd say that's pretty feminine. :P

In all seriousness, I love me some Gravity Falls and Adventure Time.

I also wear cat ears, a cat tail, and a bell collar when I perform at cons.

• Brohoof 3

I like My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

I like shopping.

While not to the same extent as most girls or even some guys, I do care a fair bit how my hair looks before I go out.

My favourite song from Disney's Hercules is I Won't Say I'm in Love.

Speaking of which, I love musicals.

Musicals? Count me right up there with you ponimigo. I love musicals. I think I may have been the only kid in my 6th grade class that actually enjoyed the sound of music, and went back and re-watched it years later.

• Brohoof 1

Well, aside from the fact that I like "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic," I also enjoy good musicals (not too much, since I don't really see them that much, but I'll readily go to one if I have the chance). :huh: Hmmm... I guess it was somewhat feminine that I played with Barbies with my sister as well when I was younger, but I never really thought of it as girly when we did it, especially since we both played with about every other toy that we could as well, like Legos or my Batman action figures. Oh, I do love Legos!!! B)

But yeah, I'm quite comfortable with my masculinity, even if some of the activities that I've liked in my life could be considered more feminine. I played both football and track and field in high school, but was also in my school's choir and made State and All-State Honors choir; today, I like video games but also watch MLP: FiM, no big, no big. :)

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 1

I used to be a big Powerpuff Girls fan. Heck, some of my other friends were too and they all grew up to be masculine football jocks. Funny how things work out, huh? I, however, embrace my feminine nature, such as avoiding "manly" confrontations and hormone-rising situations. :P

• Brohoof 1

The only things I enjoy are quite feminine. A lot of girls in school actually shove their nails in front of my face, because they want me to see, as they know I love seeing some adorable sets of nails. I could spend hours just looking at dresses, and anything cute and cuddly will be mine.

I mean... Cars. Trucks. Sports. Muscles. Manliness.

• Brohoof 8

I'm wondering do you mean masculine and feminine things that are considered by OTHERS? If so well...

I don't think I would call watching FIM or PPG feminine. Not to me at least. They are shows that I enjoy. And while the main characters were female...eh, I don't think there were that many "girly" things to call it a girly show, we should all know this, amrite? ;) Besides, if watching a show makes us feminine or masculine............yeah, we're doomed. :P But that aside, I don't know what would be considered NON-masculine. I guess not being a pervert like most of my male classmates, I don't use sex jokes, I don't curse a lot, I put down the toilet seat (ever since when was a masculine/feminine thing to do?! :blink: ), and while I'm too lazy to bath too regularly, when I DO bath, I bath enough times so that I feel nice and soft. Ahhh...softness....I love soft things. :wub: I think that's all. :huh:

and anything cute and cuddly will be mine.

Sugar Plum, I think i'd be fair to say, that there are a LOT of guys around here who would agree with that statement, myself included. Otherwise, pony plushies and pillows would NOT go to the high prices they can do. :)
  • Brohoof 3

I enjoy watching sports, particularly (American) football and basketball. Still, it's more of a team spirit kind of thing for me. I have teams I am attached to and I enjoy watching their games, not much else. There are guys at my work there are all into that fantasy football stuff and constantly talk about the stats of players and stuff... They remind me that I'm nothing like them. lol.

Video games are also somewhat of a guyish thing, although the truth is that I don't play many video games that are seen as being for guys (nowadays). I'm just not into violence, zombies, and stuff like that. I like Animal Crossing, The Sims, Pokemon, Mario, Zelda, etc. So even so I'm not that guyish there. Although back when I was a kid it seemed like only guys played video games. I had one friend that played Pokemon back in elementary school, but that was all back then. The rest were all guys IIRC.

I guess I should also note that I enjoy Shonen anime/manga, like One Piece, Dragon Ball Z, Gurren Lagann. I enjoy Shoujo as well, but the weird thing is that with Dragon Ball Z I actually enjoy it for the action, while with One Piece and Gurren Lagann I enjoy them for so much more.

• Brohoof 3

I avoid any confrontations especially physical, I'm pretty shy and quiet most of the time, instead of being obsessed with football and WWE I'm obssesed with MLP, I don't feel the need to hump everything that moves or pick up random women at some random club/bar, I find the bar scene boring and the club scene too crazy. Yeah, I'd be lynched for saying this stuff.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I enjoy watching sports, particularly (American) football and basketball. Still, it's more of a team spirit kind of thing for me. I have teams I am attached to and I enjoy watching their games, not much else. There are guys at my work there are all into that fantasy football stuff and constantly talk about the stats of players and stuff... They remind me that I'm nothing like them. lol.

Yeah! That's one "guy thing" I'm definitely not into, fantasy football. I don't get it. It's a bunch of guys going wild over numbers. And I really hate it when they bring it up during an actual game. "Gees, Chris Johnson is killing my fantasy team." Who gives a flying feather?! :angry: There are two REAL teams out there, playing a real game.

I also don't hang out at bars and drink Bud Lite. Now that was a truly embarrassing day in consumer history, when the advertisers somehow convinced millions of men that drinking not just American beer, but American lite beer, was macho.

Edited by TailsAlone

I wear men's clothes. Not afraid to say it. Not pants, but I do prefer boxers and sweaters and shirts and that sort of thing.

While I dislike sports, I'm very much into video games, if that could be considered manly.

I like a lot of things feminine such clothes, shoes, shopping, disney princess stuff. Girlish nature stuff is really just targeted gender marketing I think. I like WWE but haven't watched that in years and can't stand team sports of any kind weather watching or playing.

As everyone has already mentioned, I am a guy who watches My Little Pony. ;)

As for my own personal things one is that I love to cry, which isn't generally portrayed for guys. I also wash and clean things obsessively. Sometimes I like to curl up with my cat and it's very nice! I'm not that interested in dating or relationships at all. I'm a guy who doesn't generally enjoy sports. My favourite colours besides white are pink and purple.

• Brohoof 2

I'm definitely the the most girly guy I know. Example; I love cross-dressing. Not too many people know that about me, for obvious reasons. But women's clothes just feel so comfortable and nice, and I just...feel right wearing them. Yeah. That aside, pretty much all of my friends are girls, I love cutesy jewelry, (I have a large collection of rainbow and pastry-shaped earrings I wear regularly, among others), I absolutely adore animals of all kinds, I love "girly" colors such as pink and all pastels, I am incredibly emotional and am terrible at hiding it, I do not find sports, hunting or other masculine things interesting in the slightest. I could go on for a while.

I love cars. There's my single manly trait. But other than that, I feel most of the time like I should have been born a girl. (Although...I'm not gay, so maybe I'm right at place being a guy. Just a really strange one. :blink: )

Edited by Abstract
  • Brohoof 3

I'm definitely the the most girly guy I know. Example; I love cross-dressing. Not too many people know that about me, for obvious reasons. But women's clothes just feel so comfortable and nice, and I just...feel right wearing them. Yeah. That aside, pretty much all of my friends are girls, I love cutesy jewelry, (I have a large collection of rainbow and pastry-shaped earrings I wear regularly, among others), I absolutely adore animals of all kinds, I love "girly" colors such as pink and all pastels, I am incredibly emotional and am terrible at hiding it, I do not find sports, hunting or other masculine things interesting in the slightest. I could go on for a while.

I love cars. There's my single manly trait. But other than that, I feel most of the time like I should have been born a girl. (Although...I'm not gay, so maybe I'm right at place being a guy. Just a really strange one. :blink: )

Being gay or not has absolutely nothing to do with your sexuality. Not saying that you're transgendered, but if "I'm not gay" is you reason for thinking you aren't, then that's a false basis on which to think you aren't. =P

• Brohoof 2

Being gay or not has absolutely nothing to do with your sexuality. Not saying that you're transgendered, but if "I'm not gay" is you reason for thinking you aren't, then that's a false basis on which to think you aren't. =P

It's not my entire reason, and you're correct, it isn't necessarily definitive, I'm just saying it probably worked out better this way anyway.

Let's start the list (I'm a guy to clarify)

I like being clean and smelling like a girl

I LOVE shojo

I am fashionable(unless I crossdress[which rarely happens])

I like to cuddle

I am a hopeless romantic

I am overly emotional(but good at hiding it)

I have no confidence in my masculinity whatsoever

I only like sports if I am playing them

I like to shop

the list continues, I don't want to bore