• Yes: Irish
    • Yes: Russian
    • Yes: Other
    • No, I Do Not Have An Accent
  2. 2. Do You Have A Speech Impediment?

• Yes: I Can't Say R's Right Sometimes
    • Yes: I Can't Say S's Right Sometimes
    • Yes: I Can't Say TH's Right Sometimes
    • Yes: I Have A Speech Impediment Like Spagatta Nadle. I Sometimes Switch The Vowel In A Word With A Different Vowel
    • Yes: Other
    • No, I Do Not Have A Speech Impediment
  3. 3. Do You Often Digress With Conversations?

• Yes: I Usually Can't Stay On Topic
    • Kind Of: Sometimes I Digress, But Sometimes I Don't
    • No: I Never Go Off Topic No Matter What The Case

I have a southern accent I forced on myself (because I think accents are cool and I like southern accents), and have difficulty saying my R's correctly. However, I can go between it but I'm used to the southern accent part, I usually just normally talk with it.

I think we all have an accent of some kind, just some are more pronounced than others. I don't thin,k I have any speech impediments other than stuttering if I get to excited about something. Digressing though, I tend to do that a lot, mostly when I am rambling on and on. I often switch to a bunch of different things on the fly.

KyoshiFrostWolfSIG1.jpg.b0b2e3d0d15e6abf25982983986dcba1.jpg

(edited)

I have a generic American accent. People can tell I'm American, but they have no idea what region I'm from. I'm guessing I must have picked it up from watching TV, or something. My father has a Boston accent, and my mother has some sort of British accent, yet I don't sound anything like either of them.

I don't know if it would be considered a speech impediment, but I tend to mumble, use lots of "uhhhs" and "ummms", and I have trouble expressing any kind of emotion in my voice. It's not automatic for me like it is for most other people. I sometimes have to fake it, and then I end up sounding insincere because I can't do it convincingly.

Edited by Detritus

I apparently have a Finnish accent even though I'd rather call it "I don't always know how to pronounce things". Since English isn't my first language either, I tend to speak slowly and sometimes have small breaks between words. I also have to think about my sentences before I'm able to say anything. 

Either way I'm not good at talking.  ^_^

As many as said, everyone has an accent. I have what I believe to be a neutral American accent. Granted, I've always lived in Georgia, so many people around me have southern accents. I would likely sound southern to people in other parts of the country.

To be clear, I never say "y'all" or "ain't" or anything of the sort. NEVER! xD

I don't have an accent but sometimes, for some reason I just do this British accent and averyone stares at me like, what?!? But it may be just a talent. I can have a British accent without even trying hard.

img-38413-1-img-38413-1-img-38413-1-img-

Sig by Shadow The Hedgehog//

Yes, I have a midwestern accent. I don't know if I have a speech impediment or not; I can pronounce everything correctly in English but I can't roll an r for the life of me so I sound really dumb when speaking in Spanish :c.

I'm not really sure how the last question is related to this :confused:. But I voted for the middle option.

֍֎֍֎

(edited)

I usually have a pretty neutral accent but at times there is a slight tinge of Bostonian to it. I was born and raised in new england and I also get it from my family.

Edited by demonwolfspirit

This awesome signature was made by Tao also here is their  DA

imageproxy.php.png

I don't speak with an accent of any kind. I lived in the midwest for a few years and the accent tried to take root, but I always fight against such things, no matter where I live. Some accents are beautiful. I'd have no problem developing an English accent, it just sounds so musical and elegant, but otherwise, I try to keep it universal.

I speak well enough normally, but occasionally if I'm tired or have been talking too much, I stammer a bit. It's like I have too many words all trying to get out of me at once and they trip over each other. Sometimes they just lock up in my mouth and I can't form any words at all. 

I do digress in conversations too. I talk too much and too fast, and one subject often runs into another and another. But that's okay, it just covers more ground that way.  :rarity:

• Brohoof 1

Where I live, in the Southern US, there is an abundance of Southern accents xD However, I actually don't like them very much. I am not against people who talk like that, but I would rather not have one, which I don't really. It kind of gets weird.

I don't have any speech disabilities, perhaps I may speak unclearly. However I sometimes 'modify' my accent to sound different, and I cannot explain it easily. While I don't have a (or at least a noticible one) accent, I sometimes change it to sound different, like foreign. (Yes I know it is stupid, but sometimes I feel more comfortable doing it). For example I may slip into a I don't know 'British or Cockney' (Yes I know it is the equivalent of our accent). accent, or 'Japanese accent'. I probably sound nothing like it but that is what I try, for no reason other than feeling more confortable with it than the standard Southern accent here

I do have a tendency to stray from topic, but not too often. I just like to talk about a lot, and sometimes I feel like I should stray a bit, and sometimes worry it is annoying to others. Other than that, nothing too strange.

I know I probably sound idiotic, but it feels better for me to do it.

• 2 years later...

I've been told I have a southern accent but I don't believe it. And yes I have a speech impediment, it's called being a redneck. There's some words that I say "wrong" like piano and Hawaiian. And I don't usually go off topic but sometimes I'll be reminded of a conversation weeks ago that was never finished and start talking to the person like it never stopped.

The Tractor Pulling Brony

"2 years long, and still pulling strong"

Thank you to everyone! This has been the happiest 2 years of my life and I owe 90% of it to you guys:P.

Stay Awesome MLP Forums!!!

On 5/5/2015 at 7:51 AM, Lightwing said:

As far as I know, i don't have a notorious accent that makes my voice to stand out from the others.

I don't know about what the other people thinks, but I don't think I got accent.

You definitely 100% have a discernable notorious accent, snrk 

• 1 year later...

I have a slight southern accent. Where I grew up actually had a really wide range of people, but the majority of people I was friends with were southern, so I think that's where it came from. Two of those friends were full-blown rednecks, and I have so many hilarious stories about those idiots.

Rainbow Dash Fanatic

"You stroll down memories of younger, brighter times 'cause you never realize what you've got till you leave it all behind." ~ dBPony

"So we’re here at the end, did we teach you well, my friend? Don’t look so sad to see us go, after the rain comes rainbows." ~ Princewhateverer

"Darlin' you'll be okay." ~ Vic Fuentes