Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Discord

Welcome, Everypony,

to the Pokemon Avatar Extravaganza!

September 7th - September 30th

544348__safe_artist-colon-fuutachimaru_discord_crossover_hydreigon_pokefication_pok%C3%A9mon_solo.png

Artwork by fuutachimaru

Hello, everypony, Discord here with further shenanigans for the masses to enjoy~ :umad:

How is everypony enjoying @Rarity's little fashion week thus far? If you haven't seen it yet, check behind the curtain to find out all about it, as well as other official forum events. There's trivia, polls, dresses to create and gems nearly as beautiful as my face for you all to collect.

Fashion Week got me thinking - and I mean some truly, truly deep thinking - the kind of thinking I only get done in my Thinking Tree kind of thinking. I was thinking and I said to myself, I said - 'Discord, there are many other ways to express your interests besides the clothes you wear, yes? Yes, most definitely, Discord, you're such a genius. Oh why thank you, how kind of you to notice! What were you thinking of, Discord, you sly old fox? Well I'm so glad you asked. Why not have the users of our forum wear something else to express a common interest? Why not avatars? And why not...Pokemon?'

You see in my expert opinion, Pokemon, like ponies, is a wide and common fandom on the grand old internet.

And so, for the entire month of September, this topic will remain pinned in our Forum Lounge, encouraging any and all users to pick a favorite Pokemon of theirs and use it as their avatar!

1060527__safe_screencap_discord_twilight+sparkle_princess+twilight+sparkle+(episode)_alicorn_animated_boop_crown_female_floppy+ears_gif_mare_pony_t.gif

There is, however, a catch. :mustache:

No duplicates! :please:

The Rundown:

* Make a comment with the name and picture of the Pokemon you wish to use as your avatar. Your posted image does not have to be the avatar you end up using, it's a visual reference for those scrolling through the thread, in case the OP hasn't been updated yet. Your name will be added to the list along with the name of your chosen Pokemon.

* Once you've claimed a Pokemon, no one else may officially submit their participation as that same Pokemon. However, there can be one shiny and one non-shiny variant for each Pokemon, as long as the color palette is an obvious difference. If TwibobSparkpants123 wished to be Charizard, then AwesomeBoi42 would be allowed to be Shiny Charizard, for example. Alolan variants of Kanto Pokemon also count as separate entries.

* You can move on from the event at any time. When you are done with the event and wish to move on, make another comment saying so, and you shall be removed from the list. Keep in mind that once you bow out of the event, the Pokemon you claimed will be open again for other people to take.

* Try not to switch Pokemon after having claimed one, unless it's to grab something that just opened up, that you really want. If everyone changes thier entry constantly this thread will descend into chaos! As fun as that'd be, the boys in blue tell me unfiltered chaos is a no-go. :bea:

At the bottom of this nonsensical rant is a list of all users officially submitted to this thread's reservoir of participating members. My dear friend @~C. Discord~ will be assisting me in running this thread, and should any other wayward staff find themselves up in the clouds with us, then they too are welcome to help out~

:dash: "Alright, sweet. But, Discord, what do I do now that I have a Pokemon avatar?"

:umad: "Why you post in any number of the Pokemon-themed topics, my little pony! I've left out numerous copies of 'Necromancy for Foals' on the table. Revive threads as you see fit that have to do with Pokemon, and let's all discuss our favorite teams, games and methods of raising our little pocket critters!"

Some Pokemon Threads for your Influenced Suggestion:

Official List of Participating Users *Most Definetly Not @Passion*:

Spoiler

@~C. Discord~ - Yveltal

@Cash In - Houndoom

@Dynamo Pad - Alolan Ninetales

@ShadOBabe - Ninetales

@Dusk Noire - Dusknoir

@DJShy - Gardevoir

@Quinch - Suicune

@Ganondorf8 - Meganium

@CloudMistDragon - Haunter

@TBD - Mewtwo

@Lil'Cinnamon - Riolu

@MidnightFire1222 - Blaziken

@Widdershins - Dunsparce

@Flow - Primarina

@Frostgage - Furret

@KirbyFluttershy - Pikachu

@Lord Valtasar - Lapras

@Squishy - Zygarde

@SolarFlare13 - Dialga

@Divine plywood - Ditto

@Mesme Rize - Arbok

@Hybrid Theory Furret (Shiny)

@DonMaguz - Sableye

@Pat 'The Blizzard' Thundersnow - Rowlet

@C. Thunder Dash - Lucario

@PoisonClaw - Flareon

@Dark Horse - Umbreon (Shiny)

@Twilight Luna - Greninja

@megisawsm417 - Mudkip

@Denim&Venom - Lycanrock (Dusk)

@Duality - Vaporeon

@Feather Spiral - Luxray

@Lunar Echo - Scyther

@BloodDrops - MissingNo

@PathfinderCS - Deerling

@Heart Star - Decidueye

@BlueBook - Oshawott

@Will Guide - Zoroark

@MareDoWell - Elgyem

@A Little Fox - Vulpix

@PINOYPONY_30 - Charizard (Shiny)

@Dakcka - Mismagius

@PixelPrism - Oddish

@Randimaxis - Meowth

Poke'on, everypony~ :ph3ar:

large.jpeg

Art by MistyEDash

• Brohoof 9

What a classy guy, that Discord. I wish my posts were half as good as his! :orly:

I will assume the responsibility of maintaining this thread. Once you've posted your comment with your Pokemon who isn't on the list already, you may assume you're all set and change your avatar, everyone. I'll help keep up with the list as the comments go, we all know how busy Discord is causing mayhem!

Naturally, I have to go with my boy. Yveltal has been my favorite Legendary, and one of my favorite overall mons' since I first played Pokemon Y in 16'.

e5ffad1a4d637335db012df83b9f172bcd7ae479

• Brohoof 1

17 minutes ago, Discord said:

Official List of Participating Users *Most Definetly Not @Passion*:

Excuse me, what the heck?

Seriously, I know I do not enjoy Pokemon and all, but that's outright discriminative! I demand Discord to instantly explain himself and provide me with written apologies.

• Brohoof 2

This sound pretty interesting. In the past, I probably would have gone with my favorite starter Pokemon, Internape. However, over time I have come across a new favorite Pokemon of mine. That Pokemon would have to definitely be Alolan Ninetales. 

ninetales-alolan.jpg

Just now, ShadOBabe said:

Dibs on Ninetales Classic!!

tumblr_m0wsakmieR1qd87hlo1_500.gif

My favorite for near 20 years. :wub:

@ShadOBabe So I have Alolan Ninetales and you have the original Ninetales. Does that mean we are like siblings/cousins like Applejack and Pinkie Pie, but it's unknown? :mlp_blink:

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Amtrak sw1 said:

So you draw our Avatar into Pokemon

As artistically inclined as I am with mayhem, drawing isn't my strong suit. My brush draws chaos rather than artwork. You can find and use any image you like of your chosen Pokemon from anywhere on the internet, so long as it's 100% safe, of course. :umad:

Everyone thus far has been added! Do enjoy your pocket monster exposition, everyone~ Let's drive @Jeric and @Passion absolutely batty

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Discord said:

As artistically inclined as I am with mayhem, drawing isn't my strong suit. My brush draws chaos rather than artwork. You can find and use any image you like of your chosen Pokemon from anywhere on the internet, so long as it's 100% safe, of course. :umad:

Everyone thus far has been added! Do enjoy your pocket monster exposition, everyone~ Let's drive @Jeric and @Passion absolutely batty

Oh cool  thanks discord

6 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

@ShadOBabe So I have Alolan Ninetales and you have the original Ninetales. Does that mean we are like siblings/cousins like Applejack and Pinkie Pie, but it's unknown? :mlp_blink:

You got it brother! Gimme a minute!

I'm looking for just the right image!! X3

• Brohoof 1

My current avatar, without the crop:

Image result for Dusknoir avatar

It's supposed to be a sort of anime-looking guy dressed in a way that makes him look like Dusknoir. :P 

*When you already had a Pokémon avatar and a Pokémon-based username before this whole thing started*

Edited by Dusk Noire

6 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

@ShadOBabe That sounds good to me and huzzah! Glad to see great minds think alike, cousin! :D 

Indeed!! Done, and done. One of my favorite Ninetales screenshots.

Though honestly it's times like this were I wish I had some finished artwork of my own Ninetales character. XD

Just now, Quinch said:

Does it matter if I choose solely on appearance, as I know next to nothing about Pokemans?

Nosir, doesn't matter your reasoning, just pick a Pokemon, name it, maybe include an image for visual representation (doesn't have to be the image you decide to use), and that's it. :mlp_grin:

Just now, Dusk Noire said:

My current avatar, without the crop:

Image result for Dusknoir avatar

It's supposed to be a guy dressed in a way that makes him look like Dusknoir.

Clever, and indirect. Sounds good!

Just now, ShadOBabe said:

Indeed!! Done, and done. One of my favorite Ninetales screenshots.

Though honestly it's times like this were I wish I had some finished artwork of my own Ninetales character. XD

That's a cool profile pic/screenshot. It truly captures the beauty, power and ferocity of Ninetales.

I know exactly what you mean because it's the same thing for me. :laugh: I know I'm going to commission my OC with either Alolan Vulpix, Alolan Ninetales or both in the future. 

4 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

That's a cool profile pic/screenshot. It truly captures the beauty, power and ferocity of Ninetales.

I know exactly what you mean because it's the same thing for me. :laugh: I know I'm going to commission my OC with either Alolan Vulpix, Alolan Ninetales or both in the future. 

Agreed! LOL, I feel really weird not being my Zotl-self though. Bet you a dollar some people won't recognize me.

Yeah, I need to fix that!! I DO have some lineart of my character though!!

Spoiler

sera_by_shadobabe-dagvu6s.png

Her name is Seraphim. The Eevee is Moxie. XD

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 1

10 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

Agreed! LOL, I feel really weird not being my Zotl-self though. Better you a dollar some people won't recognize me.

Yeah, I need to fix that!! I DO have some lineart of my character though!!

Hide contents

sera_by_shadobabe-dagvu6s.png

Her name is Seraphim. The Eevee is Moxie. XD

I think everyone will still recognize you. Unless you change your name to fit the character on the profile picture, or something like that.

Also, you made that? If so, then that looks amazing and really well done. Also Ninetales looks adorable and I love the accessory that she's wearing around her neck. Eevee looks awesome and I like the names. :) 

Edited by Dynamo Pad

18 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

I think everyone will still recognize you? Unless you change your name to fit the character on the profile picture, or something like that.

Also, you made that? If so, then that looks amazing and really well done. Also Ninetales looks adorable and I love the accessory that she's wearing around her neck. Eevee looks awesome and I like the names. :) 

I did!! Thank you very much, I'm glad you like it!!

You're right, but I also have an idea for editing the new avatar slightly. XD

EDIT: @Dynamo Pad LOL, what do you think? XDDDD

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 2

16 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

I did!! Thank you very much, I'm glad you like it!!

You're right, but I also have an idea for editing the new avatar slightly. XD

EDIT: @Dynamo Pad LOL, what do you think? XDDDD

You're very welcome and I see the idea. I see what you did there :laugh:. I think that's pretty coo ideal. It also makes sense because behind every strong Pokemon is a strong and caring trainer. :D It's perfect and genius at the same time.