Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What weapon do you sleep with?

Critical Mass

(edited)

Everything you'd find in my room can be used as a weapon...from pillows use to suffocate, to a chinese dynasty sword...But no, I do not sleep with a  weapon.

Edited by TBD

I don't sleep with any weapons at the moment.
But it is always a good idea to think of one's security and safety.
Of course keep yourself safe when dealing with any sort of weapons and know the legal limits they can be used.

I sometimes keep an ASP tactical baton under my pillow or next to the bed. It's best that anyone trying to wake me up turn the lights on first, or they'll be the ones sleeping...for a long time. 

If I was endangered, I'd hide in the air vent in the wall my bed is standing next to... I'm a extreme pacifist, so I could only use weapons if my life is standing at

extreme risk, but then I don't need one because I tend to throw really effective combat tantrums if it comes that far.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
On 3/14/2015 at 10:15 AM, Zhang Xiu Ying said:

I dont like weapons because they are evil, but if area around me is in crisis I sleep with my bible and pony Rarity plushie =)

Objects by definition cannot be evil, evil resides in the hearts of man (or woman) and thus the tool they use to kill with is not evil. Many a knife, gun, shotgun, or baseball bat has been used by good law abiding men and women  to stop horrible atrocties from ever happening. Remember criminals preferre unarmed and easy prey.

With that being said I Keep an AR with a 30 round mag loaded and next to my bedside.

Edited by Blivy

• 2 weeks later...

I keep a .38 revolver on my nightstand loaded with hollow points. Failing that at the end of the bed is a 12 gauge shotgun that I can fall back on. I also keep a flashlight and large can of OC spray. All of these items are in my bedroom on the nightstand or dresser. 

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I don't actually sleep with a weapon. Although technically anything in my room can be used as a weapon if it needs to become one. With UK law you're not actually allowed to keep unlicenced weapons for the purpose of self defence. HOWEVER! If you are in a life threatening situation, you're allowed to use anything to defend yourself. For example you can't keep a kitchen knife for the purpose of going Mr Stabby on an attacker. But if you have one for use in your kitchen for cooking and such, then you're allowed to resort to using it to defend yourself if you feel the threat warrants it.

Basically it's a massive context thing over here. Can't carry or use things for the purpose of being a weapon, but you can fashion anything into a weapon if the situation warrants it. Or at least that's how it's supposed to work. Another example would be that I can't carry a can of hairspray out in public for the purpose of self defence. But if I happen to be carrying it for using on my hair and I'm suddenly attacked, then I get to spray away at the attackers face.