Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Boop a snoot, any snoot

Totally Nyx

1 minute ago, Alexshy said:

*Poof!*

I came hither to spread the royal boopery. Behold, ye all, who hath hidden your snoots not!

*boops @Mirage77 @Holiday Agnaktor @Sparklefan1234 (twice accidentally) @Deae Rising Shine~ @BronyNumber42 @CypherHoof*

*as usual the rest of the Feathers of Boop rain around booping accidental ponies, who appear to get under the wave by mishap*

Huzzah! How many boop points do I receive?

Depends on if boop points are themselves boops I guess. Apparently the dangers of booping include Derpyization and Vaporization....

• Brohoof 2

Just now, CypherHoof said:

Apparently the dangers of booping include Derpyization and Vaporization....

Methinks one shalt receive a godzillion of boops in an hour to achieve solid, irreversible Derpization... Alicorns believed to need more...

• Brohoof 2

Just now, CypherHoof said:

Depends on if boop points are themselves boops I guess. Apparently the dangers of booping include Derpyization and Vaporization....

The best kind of points for BOOPing...

img-2651801-1-20120214045244!A_big_group

• Brohoof 5

@Duality

Toot?

I must attest, I am not completely cognizant of the Art of the Boop.

2 hours ago, Holiday Agnaktor said:

TOO MUCH INTENT, TOO MUCH INTENT

large.png

Now look at what you've done. I hope you are proud of your actions.

That is basically me in a nutshell here.

Just look at Lyra & Octavia! Booping out in the open for all to see! I blush at such brazen displays of booping!

• Brohoof 2

I have returned from my fencing club, so that I may hand out more boops.

*boops @The_Gobo, @Windchime (Ding), @CypherHoof, @Mirage77, and @Hierok*

large.jpeg

Now that that is out of the way, I'd like to think about why boops are considered cute.

I have tried booping in real life, many times. On pets, on people, even on my bodypillow but it was never truly cute. Why wasn't it ever cute? Doesn't booping a cat sound like the cutest thing ever? Lightly pressing your finger against its little tiny nose, watching it react to the boop, one way or another. Instead, it just looks like you press a finger against a nose, nothing more, nothing less. 

WHY isn't it actually cute in real life? What actually causes boops to be cute?

Is it the action, and are we just not doing it right in real life? I don't think so, since there can't be much to booping. It's just a limp pressed against a nose.

Is it the shapes, and are humans just not cute or suited for booping? No, this isn't it either. Boops also happen in anime, using human characters, and there it's cute too.

Is it the reaction to the boop, and are we just not receiving boops correctly?

Absolutely.

You see, boops aren't about the boop itself. It's about the reaction to the boop, that smile, that grin, that blush, folded-back ears, closing of eyes, or whatever else happens. Imagine this picture above, but now Octavia just sits there stone-faced, not showing any emotion. See? That's immediately far less cute.

What makes boops cute, is the reaction. Booping a cat, and watching the cat grab its nose with its paws is adorable, but it not reacting at all, like it will probably do, isn't cute at all.

So there you have it folks, this is what makes boops cute. The reaction.

• Brohoof 6