Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you like/dislike your old content?

Sovereign Leader Rarity

Yes, god yes, I regret it.

A long time ago, I was a bitter anti-furry devil's advocate who pretty much stood unopposed in roasting the furry fandom until I made a foolish generalization of them out of pain and anger in that clop thread within the debate pit, makes me wish the thread would just die off already, it's been two years or so... I came a long ass way since then and I can't say I agree with anything I said at the time.

So... woohoo.

(edited)

I don't have this kind of content at the beginning of my 10 months on this forum. I have some posts I cringe at and the last one is only 3 weeks ago, so it comes over time. Some posts I don't understand what I've been trying to say, mostly because I forgot words quite often! :orly:

Edited by Hierok

In the (almost) two years that I've been here, I can't say that my old content is different from what I post now. That said, I posted far more frequently when I was a newer user. I kind of miss engaging more, though it seems like  more of an effort to post nowadays as I don't feel as motivated to. 

• 1 year later...

I wouldn't say my old content here was particularly bad (except maybe a couple of posts) – by the time I joined this community, I had enough experience of forums to know how to filter myself in some cases. However, if I read posts I made on other forums ten or even five years ago, I start wondering what I was thinking. :laugh: I never got in any trouble on those forums so I guess it wasn't that bad, but reading those posts all these years later is quite difficult. :derp:

Edited by Tacodidra
  • Brohoof 2

I've probably said things I didn't mean or shouldn't have, like anyone else. But in the end, it's just an internet forum and nothing I say here really counts for much, we shouldn't take ourselves so seriously. 

• 4 months later...

I have to admit that there are times when I wake up and remember some posts I've made and think "Ugh! What was I thinking?" But sometimes it's best not to overthink it all. I'm human. Obviously some sort of weird jumble of words are going to spill out in an embarassing fashion at some point. Be they spoken or written, it's never going to be perfect. Besides, there's been plenty of stuff that has gotten good reactions and it's not like I've been burned at the stake yet for anything that could be considered bad.

So what are you guys doing with all those logs and torches anyway? :-P

Yes and no really, some of my earlier post are probably a bit cringy to look back on but nothing really that bad there, think it's probably the same for most people. I don't worry too much about my past content though and sometimes find it helpful to look back as if you feel your content has improved it shows the growth you've made over that time.

I have my fair share of regrets, yes. :mlp_please: While I can only consider small portions of it outright embarrassing, there is still a plentiful amount of strange habits I regret. Case in point, my use of the tilde (~) in my sentences. It does have a particular use in the English language, but I was using as a means to express joy or contentment. Dare I say, it was borderline cringy (though I do hate to use that word).

• Brohoof 1

• 6 months later...

Not my content on here. I don't think it's really changed too much since I joined.

My writing, on the other hoof, has gotten much better. I'd rather not think about the stuff I made at the beginning of the year. It's really bad.

Nope, I'm a different person than what I was when I first joined.  I was in a different place then, different mindset.  I don't see the point in being hard on myself for old things, I'm already hard on myself enough without feeling the need to cringe over the past.  I'm a work in progress and that's ok.

I honestly couldn’t care less... now over at the debate section. That’s entirely something one must not go back to. You want they say whatever happen at the debate section stay there.

Yeah, I like my older posts. Sometimes if I don’t remember whether or not I’ve posted in a certain thread, I look back through the older posts to check. When I find an old post of mine I often find myself muttering, “Well said, ‘Biscuit. I couldn’t have put it better myself.” Same goes for this thread; I’ve posted here before but I thought I’d do it again anyway, just to give myself something to admire in another couple of years.  

• Brohoof 1

the cool thing about posting on sites like forums is that they act as time capsules in which you can see how you've changed as a person over the years

Edited by mini