Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

8 Years and counting - Happy Birthday MLPForums

Jeric

1 hour ago, Rising Dusk said:

Happy Birthday MLPF! :yay:

I've been and am a part of quite a few fandoms, but out of all of them this is the only forum that I take part in.  I attempted with many type, but nothing compares to how friendly and welcoming the MLPF is.  I've met a lot of great ponies on here from all over the world, who will be listed below.  Many have gone inactive and moved on to hopefully great things, but I still like to mention them, hoping that doing so makes their day a little better no matter where they are.  :kirin:

So, thank you everypony for the great two years!  And here's to many years more! :ticking:

@Dynamo Pad@Ninetales,@FeatherStream@Arc Flash@.Wolfe.@Valtacio De la Creme@Creamtastic Jeric@EpicEnergy@Crimson storm@DEFENDER, @Thankful Brony 2,@Tacolantern@AJ2489@Sylvester, @Dabmanz, @Rainbow heart 55@Flutterstep@Mirage@Rhythm Red@Pat Thundersnow@Soren Peregrine@Wannabrony@Bonbon Feri, @Crosswind, @Fluttershy Friend @Alexshy, @CypherHoof, @Longhaul ,@Blitz Boom, @ShadOBabe, @King of Canterlot, @Jade Fire, @Silenz Veritas, @SushiSub, @PiratePony, @ChB, @Rarity the Supreme, @shadowwarp940, @Nightfall Gloam, @RB30DETT, @kaiser5578, @Duality, @Matraxial Artemis, @Rikifive@Sparklefan1234, @meck-can-ik pony, @Nightmare Terror, @Royce@Vintjack Greasymane, @DashYoshi, @Sliding Bolt, @Deae Rising Shine~, @The Recherche, @Key Sharkz, @Nature Tune, @Twilight-Sparkle17, @Twilight Luna, @Nightfall Thunder, @Dark Horse, @TheTaZe, @Cash In, @Twilight Sparkle is best, @Kind Claw, @YourElectricityBill, @UglyBTD, @Nye, @Totally Totally, @Rixton, @Princess Lulu <3~, @TheRockARooster

@BornAgainBrony @Rainbow Cloud @Pixel Dusk @DivineLight1000 @Twilight Luna @Jedishy @Darkhorse @Crimson storm @Arc Flash @Jeric @Disky Bolt @Simcity11100 @MidnightDawn @Nightmare Moon @Moonfire Dusk @SharpWit @ILoveRara @R.D.Dash @Sondash Studios @Amanita @core578 @Cloudz @Script Chime @Alex2002ita @TBD @Alexshy @Lord Valtasar @Fluttershy4ever @PathfinderCS @NightmareLuna1996

Image result for mlp smile song gif

Thanks!! :kirin: Fellow Team moon!! It’s has been great with you and the of the team!

• Brohoof 3

I'm still relatively new here, so I probably haven't made much impact, but I remember when I first made my account and did a few posts, I was a bit aggressive, and was rightfully called out on some things, so I wasn't really expecting anypony to help me out the way @GlimGlam did.  He made me feel welcome and helped me with different things around the forum.  Since he left, I've been making other friends on the forum, and met the Resident Sunset Fan of the forums, @Ganondorf8.

Some of the ponies that I would like to recognize are

@TheRockARooster

@Spooky Emerald

@DivineFear1000

@Splashee

@CosmicSpark

@Changeling RainbowDash

@ChB

@Fiendstorm

@HeavenSunset

@Mellow Mane

@Tacodidra

@Bas

@Nsxile

@CypherHoof

@Cash In

and many more.

I would also like to have a quick shout-out to @lyrabetes3939, who left the forums this year.

Edited by Dawn-Sunlight
  • Brohoof 6

@DivineFear1000 @Dawn-Sunlight

Two shoutouts! Yay, I feel loved!

Anyway, 

Hi everypony! Pretty insane it was 8 years, huh? I joined back in 2013 when my obsession was at it's peak. 

I gained a few friends, but none as loyal as the ones I have received when I finally returned to the Forums this year.

Shotouts go to @Splashee, @TheRockARooster, @DivineFear1000, @Tacodidra, @Dawn-Sunlight, @CypherHoof, and @Sparklefan1234

Love you all heaps! 

Edited by Spooky Emerald
  • Brohoof 4

Happy birthday, MLP Forums! 

97AE2E6A-A8BC-41C8-B57E-A30AA7E4AF9B.gif

I am so happy that I decided to join this website. It has been a wonderful ride and I hope to have more great years on here to come! I am honored to be a staff member here ~

Allow me to mention these awesome users:

@Arid_Blitz @Dark Horse @Fhaolan @Jerica  @Meemayfox  @Renegade the Unicorn @TheRockARooster @ShadOBabe @TBD  and my boyfriend, @PathfinderCS ♥️

• Brohoof 3

I joined...shoot, maybe 2014 or 2015 or so.  Actually, it was to try to get some attention to my game, but considering how long it's taking to add enough features for me to really think it's presentable, I'm kind of glad it's under the radar (for now).

I've made good friends with @Rikifive and with @Jonny Music, and I'm glad I came, even if things didn't happen the way I'd been hoping when I first came :)

• Brohoof 3

5 hours ago, Jer said:

after launch

after the launch :)

This is the first year where I've been really active on MLPForums throughout the year's entirety since I returned to being active last year, and I have to say, I do not regret returning in the least. Despite the ups and downs, I see something in every member here. I also want to give a special shout-out to @DivineFear1000 for being a super-special friend. Happy 8th to all! :kirin:

mlp_8th_anniversary_by_thebatfang_dcp0uk 

• Brohoof 3

When I first came here in 2013, things were...very different for me. I had been diagnosed with Aspergers some time before, I did not have good relationships with...pretty much everyone, and most importantly, my hormones were at an all time high (which, as I keep bringing up, got me banned after I wouldn't stop flirting-honestly, you could more accurately call it "harassment"-with the girls of this site).

But now, coming back to this place 4 years later, I (much like the site) have changed: I'm now 21, studying music theory on and off in my own time, am in a polyamorous relationship with a beautiful woman and a handsome dude, and relatively more mature and level-headed than I was before. I've made some new friends and reconnected with some old ones, and overall? I'm glad I made the decision to come back how I did. This community has been nothing but welcoming to me again, and I want things to stay that way.

Thank you, MLPF, and happy birthday. May the Force be with you, always.

Shout out to all the folks I've befriended on here: @Lucky Bat, @Angus Delaney, @Spooky Emerald, @Misty Breeze, @Bakugou Is My Man ❤, @Treeglow Flicker, @ShadOBabe, @Shiki, @TheTaZe, and @Dark Qiviut.

I love all of you guys, and I'm so freaking happy that this community brought us together.

Edited by Renegade the Unicorn
  • Brohoof 5

11 minutes ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

When I first came here in 2013, things were...very different for me. I had been diagnosed with Aspergers some time before, I did not have good relationships with...pretty much everyone, and most importantly, my hormones were at an all time high (which, as I keep bringing up, got me banned after I wouldn't stop flirting-honestly, you could more accurately call it "harassment"-with the girls of this site).

But now, coming back to this place 4 years later, I (much like the site) have changed: I'm now 21, studying music theory on and off in my own time, am in a polyamorous relationship with a beautiful woman and a handsome dude, and relatively more mature and level-headed than I was before. I've made some new friends and reconnected with some old ones, and overall? I'm glad I made the decision to come back how I did. This community has been nothing but welcoming to me again, and I want things to stay that way.

Thank you, MLPF, and happy birthday. May the Force be with you, always.

Shout out to all the folks I've befriended on here: @Lucky Bat, @Angus Delaney, @Spooky Emerald, @Misty Breeze, @Bakugou Is My Man ❤, @Treeglow Flicker, @ShadOBabe, @Shiki, @TheTaZe, and @Dark Qiviut.

I love all of you guys, and I'm so freaking happy that this community brought us together.

Aw, I love you too! So glad that we're friends!

Happy birthday MLP Forums! I've only been here for 3 and a half of these 8 years, but they've been some great years. I'm glad I had the chance to serve this place on staff, and even a second chance despite my past blunders.

As for members who've moved on from here, a few that have had a special impact on me and are deeply missed are @Lady Kiriness @PinkieShadow @The_Gobo @Trottermare Galamane @ProbablyNotLyra @Button Feri @twiia @Connie @Classic Play @Red Laser and @BlackHole(TimeLord)

There are a couple others I'd like to mention, but won't yet because I still hold hope they'll reappear someday. I miss you guys.

• Brohoof 7

8 years...wow!!!

I have lost track of how long I have been on here...but I can say this place is a awesome place full of awesome people:ticking:

Im not one for hugs...but..
*hugs you all*
:yay:

• Brohoof 3

Honestly, this place changed my view on friendship so often in the end I still do wonder what it really is. I met a lot of people here in the past but yet not everyone remembers your golden days of being an excited ball of energy who wants to talk to everyone online. But I'll admit there are some of those who still remembers who you are so I shall reach out my thanks to those people who still remembers and still cares. Thanks! Alot! 

So I have been on the forum since February 2015. And since then has taken several hiatus, generally when study life comes. The most recent one was last year after a really close relative of mine passed. I came back early this year, at first to join the Forum Events Trivia, and have stayed for now, even though I still take a few mini break to study. And throughout those years of me being here, I have talked to old and new people, met aqquaintances as well as seeing those I knew again, and not to mention getting many nicknames derived from my user name :P

To those who are no longer here (including those who I haven't seen in a long time) :

@Blue Vexillographer Haha. I still don't know why you joined in the first place. I think you no longer were a pony fan by then. Was really only to see if I can recognise you? No matter. Thanks brother! 

@LittleMac I don't know if you are still around, but I remember and appreciate the fact that you were back in the days. You probably are the first person I properly talked to on the forums. 

@Your Nightly Spectre I feel like I see you sometimes on and off. You introduced me to the world of roleplaying. Even though I only did such thing twice, it was fun. So thanks. Plus a DC fan. What more a 'Damian Movie Series' fan. 

@James Moriarty The great dragon. I enjoyed being your minion leader. It was fun. And also someone who like hyenas and felines. I appreciate that.

@FortyTwo42 I'll admit I hardly ever talk to you, but the creator of the destroyed Fourty Two Fort deserves an acknowledgement. The game isn't really as fun without you stopping it. Now it is more of a regular counting game.

@Amorphis Love your insanity. Brightens up my life. 

And a few more that I know and haven't met for a long time. @Vulcan@Button Feri@Lord Bradley@Trottermare Galamane

For those who still are here:

@TheRockARooster Thanks so so much for talking to me and letting me talk to you. Here's to many more years!

@Totally Lyra Admitedly, back when we first 'friended' the other, I never knew you will turn into someone I appreciate talking to now. I guess you never know when you will meet a friend. So thanks for being around Totally Not Lyra :P

@CinnamonPop I am so glad you came back. I enjoy our days at the forum games back then and I hope I will see you more in the future! Thanks for booping still being around!

Not to forget 碇 シンジン , @Kawaii Besu@Dawnchaser

And to those who I have just met recently:

@McFlurryHeart It is not often I meet someone from my own country. 

Plus several more who I frequently met around the place including @Crimson storm@Gabosor

I'll admit that I am generally a rather lonely person who, despite being so, never really want to call someone a friend because it usually ends with one either forgetting you or for some reason decided to no longer a conversation just because you didn't have a chance to reply for some weeks. Friends in real life are not something I have. The closest to one is probably this kid from my neighbourhood. I do have friends back when I was at school, but I guess I lost track of them after leaving said school. I think mix of all that makes me wary of this thing called friendship despite really wanting to forge one. My definition of friendship keep on changing by the day but today, to all that I have listed above thanks for being a friend. To many years of friendship, fun and foruming!

(There used to be a youtube of this song, but couldn't find it)

Happy brithday forums! Thanks to the founders for creating such existance.

Edited by Lulaypp
  • Brohoof 7

Merry Birthiversary MLPF! And Merry Birthiversary @Buffy 

What can I say that hasn't already been said? Been here Everyday since August 2013, when Poniverse had a booth at the first Baltimore BronyCon (still waiting on my badge for signing up there btw). You guys were so welcoming when I was still pretty new to the forum game. I was pretty shy at first. My intro post is an embarrassing read in hindsight. But I hope you're all at least mildly impressed by the finished product.

Thanks to everypony here for keeping me invested in both this show and the community. And I'd like to thank these ponies in particular:

@Mentis Soliloquy My BC roommate. Thanks for being there to talk with all these years. We can write more than a book or two with all the story driven nonsense we've concocted. 

@Randimaxis One of two people who helped get me into Rp-ing. You've got a lot of great ideas int hat head of yours. One of these days we'll finish that story with Twitch.

@Lektra Bolt and here's the two of two people that got me into Rp-ing. I know life hasn't been easy, but that just makes you one of the strongest people I know on these forums. One of these days Professor Bolt and her daughter will have their story finished too. 

@Sparklefan1234 I like ponies. I also like Pro-wrestling. I'm glad to have met someone on here who also marks out over the sport of kings. Being one of the kindest people on here didn't hurt matters either. 

@TheRockARooster You're always up to talk and your always enthusiastic about every conversation. We've had our disagreements, but we didn't let those come between us. Thanks for mellowing out and thanks for being patient with me. 

If I forgot anypony, sound off! I'll remedy things in post. 

To those that have left, I hope you find a reason to return. You're always welcome back. 

And to those we lost along the way, we were honored to have you. May your legacies live on. 

I can't imagine ever leaving this place. I now have a community to be a part of, friends to talk with and a place to feel accepted. 

I came for the ponies. I stayed for the forums. 

Here's to 8 more. 

C8-6.jpg

• Brohoof 6

Happy 8th Birthday, MLPForums! 

I found this place shortly after becoming a fan of MLP FiM around August 2017, but was too shy to create an account. I finally did about a year later and glad I did. @Kyoshi, @Scar, @emma_22, and @Tacodidra were among the first ponies to befriend me. I spent most of my time in the Nonpony Art section of Octavia's Hall, where I got to post my telescope images. The first forum staffer I interacted with on here was @Shadow Beam, who is also an astronomy fan.  :fluttershy:

Since then, I've made many more wonderful friends on here. The community here is pretty awesome!  :squee:

• Brohoof 4

I came to this forum some three years ago to talk ponies and I'm still doing it to this day and for that I would actually like to specifically thank those who kept my show conversations going and me coming back whether on my side or not :orly:

@Dark Qiviut @AlexanderThrond @ShootingStar159 @Ganondox @Sepul-Coloratura @Goat-kun @Music Chart Fan @Truffles @Jedishy @Jer @Will Guide @RulesofRarity @Dawn-Sunlight and as of most recently @Latecomer

And also personal thanks to the EC crew too- @Ganondorf8 @Denim&Venom @Trix or Treat and Jedishy again- for all your efforts to keep the liveliness of the forums going and a huge reason I'm still this strongly engaged.

It has always been great to come back here each day and I hope we keep the discussions going and continue more fun through events into the future.

Oh wait can't forget my Friendship Day group: @BornAgainBrony @Lucky Bat @TheTaZe @Bas and @Duality. Still was a fun time! :D

Now go enjoy the anniversary! :pinkie:

Ah hah, knew I was forgetting someone! A really special remembrance to @Batbrony the commentary king I inspire to be :muffins:

Edited by KH7672
  • Brohoof 8

Time really flies doesn't it? I've only been here for almost two years, but I can happily say that I've had some very memorable experiences on here, in that time. Whether it would be the events, fanclubs, trivia, status updates and the discussions -- even some of the more questionable ones, there's always something interesting happening. Who would I like to thank? A lot of people, but I'm not going to list names, since those individuals know exactly who they are. Am I being stingy? Maybe, but I don't want to risk upsetting anyone, due to me being somewhat forgetful.

• Brohoof 2

6 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

And thanks for booping  us to death! ^_^

4 hours ago, Bakugou Is My Man ❤ said:

Happy birthday, MLP Forums! 

97AE2E6A-A8BC-41C8-B57E-A30AA7E4AF9B.gif

I am so happy that I decided to join this website. It has been a wonderful ride and I hope to have more great years on here to come! I am honored to be a staff member here ~

Allow me to mention these awesome users:

@Arid_Blitz @Dark Horse @Fhaolan @Jerica  @Meemayfox  @Renegade the Unicorn @TheRockARooster @ShadOBabe @TBD  and my boyfriend, @PathfinderCS ♥️

We are happy to have you as one our staff Venny! :ph3ar: (And being another MHA fan on this forum and starting a RP xp)

You two, keep it up making this forum interesting!

Edited by TBD
  • Brohoof 3

Well, how time flies! :P This "oldbie" has been on the MLPF since mid-season 2 in 2012. During that time, I became one of the loudest haters of EQG (tho it's apathy instead of hate these days for this spinoff), Fame & Misfortune, Princess Spike, and the EQG Holiday Special comic, and then one of the loudest supporters of Season 8, Starlight (plus her reformation), FIM's post-S4 direction, and Shadow Play. During that time, I became a prolific FIM reviewer. Whereas the reviewer/analysis community here shrunk, I stuck around, refined my craft, gained better understanding of some episodes I was more cynical towards (i.e., Look Before You Sleep), and shed my more negative, caustic shell despite writing an occasional negative review still.

During my time, I gained quite a few friends, and at BronyCon this year, many of those same people I met face to face IRL. Folks such as @~C. Discord~ and @Creamy Arty I met before, but @Dark Horse, @Egg-3, @Jedishy, @PathfinderCS, @skysweep, @Jer, @Troblems, @Spooky Brony 42, @Denim&Venom, @Dynamo Pad, @Senko, @BornAgainBrony, @Soren Peregrine, and (the Man!) @Randimaxis I met for the first time. ( @Nas, I think we met before, but I don't fully recall now; either way, you're really cool. :P )

I wanna give a big shoutout to some of those who I don't see too often anymore on here, but are all awesome people: @Nyactis Mewcis Catlum, @MLPFanatic34, @Captain Clark, @Wind Chaser, @Nuke87654, @Guest90210, @Miles, @DryGuy84 (Inactive), @DND, @Batbrony, @TailsIsNotAlone, @Wingnut, @Gone Airbourne, @Dolphanatic, @Captain Whirlwind, @Eloquence, @Cleverclover, @Hibiki Kuze, and @Querch.

And I wanna give another big shoutout to a bunch of other great friends in this forum: @Mesme Rize, @ShadOBabe, @Tacodidra, @Sparklefan1234, @Cash In, @Cwanky, @ChB, @Renegade the Unicorn, @PoisonClaw, @VG_Addict, @ggg-2, @Snow, @Meemayfox, @TheRockARooster, @Wolf Guide, @Nightmare Recherche, @Twilight Luna, @Kyoshi, @Bas, @Phosphor, @Anti-Villain, @Passion, @Fhaolan, @strongwilled_pegasus, @TheAnimationFanatic, @Buttonmash1973, @Sunny Fox, @Ganondox, @Frostgage, @Music Chart Fan, @Justin_Case001, @Lightwing, @Odyssey, @KH7672, @Lambdadelta, @Alexshy, @Adamgreen (happy birthday! :D), @Truffles, @OptimisticNeighsayer, @Dark Rider, and @Angus Delaney.

I apologize for missing some folks.

It's been a fun seven and a half years since joining here. I intend to stay. Happy 8th birthday, MLPF! :yay:

• Brohoof 23

Well I didn’t get to wish MLPF a happy birthday yesterday, I guess this is a perfect time to play this

:kirin:

Better late than never.

• Brohoof 1

A lot of history for me in this place. Though most regulars of today won't remember me (I was gone from late 15' to 18'), I put more than my share of time and energy into helping look after this community. Years later, I'm humbled and happy to see that it's mellowed into something that retains the sense of community that I saw when I first joined in '12.

Happy birthday, MLPF.

• Brohoof 5

It's interesting how random decisions, such as creating an account on a forum, have the potential to significantly alter the path of your life. It's hard to imagine that I joined 5 and a half years ago, and even harder to imagine what the last 5 and a half years would have been like had I not. I get sad thinking about members who have left but I'm grateful to the site for allowing me to at least meet them <3

• Brohoof 4